Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How many 2018 XC60's on order.

Views : 3698

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 7th, 2017, 10:27   #41
cjboddy
cjboddy

Well we did start off with the same reaction I was getting from all dealers that nothing they can do re discounts. I then discovered the company I work for has a negotiated discount of 5% with them. I also got a couple of quotes from the likes of carwow and autobid and we managed to finish the deal with about 8%.

I think that discount has been snatched by the new tax rules I was blind too (

I'm sure the car will be worth it! It was hinted that cars without any major mods would go through the order books faster.

Cheers.
2003 S60 D5 SE 132k
1993 850 2.0 20v SE 119k / 1997 850 T5 CD est 145k
cjboddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 11:44   #42
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjboddy View Post
Well we did start off with the same reaction I was getting from all dealers that nothing they can do re discounts. I then discovered the company I work for has a negotiated discount of 5% with them. I also got a couple of quotes from the likes of carwow and autobid and we managed to finish the deal with about 8%.

I think that discount has been snatched by the new tax rules I was blind too (

I'm sure the car will be worth it! It was hinted that cars without any major mods would go through the order books faster.

Cheers.
I did get free metallic paint with mine, but that was because I'm a VOC member, so not really a dealer discount, but never the less a saving of£650.
Hoping to get mine sometime next week.
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 19:54   #43
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
You will find that the "hard core" current XC60 owners who post on the "old" XC60 forum are very keen on the new model XC60 but are holding off on an upgrade due to two key factors:
1. The new model has zero % discounts v the discounts most of us achieved on our existing XC60's of at least 10% to 15% using sites such as DTD, etc. So until Volvo start introducing attractive discounts in say Spring 2018 when the initial rush of new orders has reduced and the global economic downturn has caught up with car orders, I think many of us are holding off placing orders.
2. We have lived through the initial teething problems with the current XC90 range and whilst the new XC60 is being built on the same platform at the same factory, I expect there are bound to be teething problems though on a lower scale.
Well, blow me down but Volvo have seen their financial "crystal" ball is not spinning as fast as they expected and are offering more sensible discounts.
Just done a DTD comparison on the top T5 model (no extras) with a list of £45,500 that is now showing a 7.5% discount available.
So maybe by Jan 18 after a few more economic global wobbles we should be looking at discounts starting off from 10% min.
Then all we need is for Volvo to start listening to what type of Volvo people actually what to buy in the U.K. and then they should sell a few more.
If Volvo are "listening" can they tell me why I can buy a T6 everywhere in the world EXCEPT for my home country?
Then I will buy my T6..........with a UK plate I hope!