Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bought V60 D6 Hybrid

Views : 19258

Replies : 86

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 25th, 2017, 09:08   #61
DieselElectric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8modem View Post
Yeah this happened to me a few times. I've gotten used to unlocking only when I am ready to remove the cable now. Do you find that you have to lock and unlock, or just pressing the unlock button is enough ?
Just the unlock.

Quote:
My wife works with a gent who also has a D5 TE and his cable keeps getting stuck. I asked her to ask him about his undocking sequence, as I am always doing :
unplug - Car then wall.
plugin - Car then wall.

This seems to work ok for me. At home I have a pod-point 7kW and if I unpug the wall first the pod-point locks itself up - hence the sequence I do.
I just use a standard 3 pin socket at home and it doesn't seem to matter which order, although I think I did read you should make sure the car's not charging (I think unlocking stops it at least temporarily) to reduce damage to the mains switch.

Quote:
His appears to be to power off the 16A socket (he has the fancy cable charger with 16A 3 pin socket, while I only have the type2 cable) then unplug from car.
The 3 pin cable that came with the car only offers a choice of 6, 8 or 10 amps :-( Not that I really mind. I think I read somewhere that fast charging shortens the life of a battery so I figured the slower the charging rate the better.

I do have a type 2 cable as well but hardly use it any more. It seems all the "free" posts, i.e. electricity supplied by supermarket or council, in our area are now managed by Chargemaster so "free" means there's an automatic admin charge which is more than I can put in the battery. I might as well spend that on a litre of fuel :-(
DieselElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 21:38   #62
tdrees

Default 2017 D6 on way

Just about to say goodbye to my faithful V50 D5 2009 in favour of a nine month old V60 D6. I will be sorry to see the older car go as it's been pretty flawless for 90,000 miles. However, I am ridiculously excited about the Hybrid arriving!

Very much looking forward to all the technology and Eco driving too!
tdrees is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdrees For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 22:21   #63
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrees View Post
Just about to say goodbye to my faithful V50 D5 2009 in favour of a nine month old V60 D6. I will be sorry to see the older car go as it's been pretty flawless for 90,000 miles. However, I am ridiculously excited about the Hybrid arriving!

Very much looking forward to all the technology and Eco driving too!
Got rid of a 2007 D5 with a sport map for a D6 hybrid, I miss having a manual but i do love the car, must resist putting a RICA map on it, 275hp on the diesel.....

I'm surprised how much better i drive with it, day to day i can get around on electric only, weekends and if i need the car in the night the engine effortlessly takes over, and i love how the 3 driving mode buttons gave the blue glow surround, sad i know but i love it 👍
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steadvex For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 23rd, 2017, 13:38   #64
StaffordIan

Hi, I picked up my 2014 V90 D6 Hybrid last weekend having chopped in a 2011 BMW 3. So far so good, my commute is 4 miles urban and I've entertained myself with keeping off the Diesel in Hybrid mode. I've managed a 15 mile trot up the M6 on battery only, managed by a light touch on the pedal and maxing out at 65mph. It's addictive. I've not braved Pure yet but I am looking forward to a proper blast out tomorrow on Power Mode to see what @300bhp can do - truly this car is sublime to the ridiculous.
StaffordIan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StaffordIan For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 13:26   #65
StaffordIan

Default D6 a joy to drive

Now I've got this D6 I'm no longer tearing about, much more likely to be keeping the needle outside of the Fuel in use gauge. Favourite gizmo so far (apart from Pure Mode) is the changeable dash colour/layout, it's something to do on long journeys... and so much more comfortable than my previous 3 series.
Stuff I'd like to be better, I'd like more boot space but as long as I tell myself it's a good hatchback and not a traditional Volvo estate then ok, and the Charging cable. The 3 pin plug cable is great for home, stick it on 6amp before bed and wake up to a full supply, I'll figure out how to get the cabin toasty-warm before winter sets in, but for a car that cost @50k new you'd think a type 2 male-female would be supplied too? The office has free to use untethered charging points so I've now got the dilemma of figuring out which is the best quality/value for money cable whilst not getting anything that can fry the batteries. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 18:27   #66
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffordIan View Post
Now I've got this D6 I'm no longer tearing about, much more likely to be keeping the needle outside of the Fuel in use gauge. Favourite gizmo so far (apart from Pure Mode) is the changeable dash colour/layout, it's something to do on long journeys... and so much more comfortable than my previous 3 series.
Stuff I'd like to be better, I'd like more boot space but as long as I tell myself it's a good hatchback and not a traditional Volvo estate then ok, and the Charging cable. The 3 pin plug cable is great for home, stick it on 6amp before bed and wake up to a full supply, I'll figure out how to get the cabin toasty-warm before winter sets in, but for a car that cost @50k new you'd think a type 2 male-female would be supplied too? The office has free to use untethered charging points so I've now got the dilemma of figuring out which is the best quality/value for money cable whilst not getting anything that can fry the batteries. Any thoughts?
here you go for the leads volvo supply :

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-499509/2015
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 21:24   #67
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffordIan View Post

do you have Volvo on call with yours? if so, I find the app the easiest way to set it, one thing that really bugs me is that can only set the time 24 hours in advance so you have to do it everyday, the considerably cheaper Nissan leaf we have has a 7 day timer, so mon-Friday its toasty in the mornings.

I bought a new cable for £75 on the speakev forum, got lucky with that, but often people are selling new cables when they upgrade, luckily the V60 only takes 16amps max so a few people are selling the 16amp cables and replacing them with 32amp ones.
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadvex For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 23:04   #68
tdrees

Talking D6 arrived...

... and I love it. Thoroughly enjoying Pure mode and use the oncall / PCC app to show the MPG (infinite!&#128526.

One niggle -I can't work out how to enable the RTTI mode for the nav. It's showing as having TMC on, but I can't find the RTTI option. It's has the sensus package by default I believe (MY'17 R-design Lux with premium sound). Any hints? I have it hooked up to my iPhone via Bluetooth for internet, but plan to add a sim.

Off for a longer trip tomorrow to test the hybrid mode fully.
tdrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2017, 11:27   #69
DieselElectric

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrees View Post
... and I love it. Thoroughly enjoying Pure mode and use the oncall / PCC app to show the MPG (infinite!&#128526..
If you can cope with metric, I find the in-car graph display is better with metric than imperial.
DieselElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2017, 13:27   #70
StaffordIan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadvex View Post
do you have Volvo on call with yours? if so, I find the app the easiest way to set it, one thing that really bugs me is that can only set the time 24 hours in advance so you have to do it everyday, the considerably cheaper Nissan leaf we have has a 7 day timer, so mon-Friday its toasty in the mornings.

I bought a new cable for £75 on the speakev forum, got lucky with that, but often people are selling new cables when they upgrade, luckily the V60 only takes 16amps max so a few people are selling the 16amp cables and replacing them with 32amp ones.
I've had a quick look at EVSPEAK, looks like I'm going to be very busy on forums from now on... I wasn't aware of Volvo On Call until I found I haven't got it, looks useful, I believe you can set up keyless entry and start using via a different key-fob? Is this something I can have retro-fitted?