Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted V70R manual

Views : 1233

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 13th, 2017, 21:28   #1
Dedders

Default Wanted V70R manual

Hi,

I'm looking for a V70R manual, I'd like to find one with as full service history as possible and with evidence it's been cared for. I'm keeping an eye on all the usual sites but haven't found a suitable one yet. I'm happy to pay a fair price for one with a good history etc.
Please contact me if you have a suitable car for sale.

Thank you Adam.
Dedders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2017, 18:34   #2
AndrewBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a V70R manual, I'd like to find one with as full service history as possible and with evidence it's been cared for. I'm keeping an eye on all the usual sites but haven't found a suitable one yet. I'm happy to pay a fair price for one with a good history etc.
Please contact me if you have a suitable car for sale.

Thank you Adam.
Hi Adam

There is a few on ebay 1997 and 1999 models . they are not my cars just browsing and saw these

the ad for the 1999 car says they have 6 others

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/97-R-VOLVO...kAAOSwceNZP9ws

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/99-T-VOLVO....c100005.m1851

I have no connection with the company or traders just found them on ebay

Last edited by AndrewBrown; Aug 14th, 2017 at 18:40.
AndrewBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewBrown For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2017, 20:42   #3
Dedders

Thank you and thank you to IC for the message he sent me as well. I can't reply via PM as I haven't done enough posts yet. I'm ideally looking for a phase 2 V70R manual as I've wanted one for a long time and I'm only now in a position to get one. I also want to make sure it can have Isofix.
Thanks again and if I can't find the ideal spec I might revisit my requirements.

Adam.
Old Aug 16th, 2017, 22:07   #4
rabbitrr

Have a look in your local motor auctions, they normally put a list of vehicles that are coming up in the auctions.

I spent some time looking at all the normal places for the 'right' XC70 D5 without much luck, then looked at the West Oxfordshire Motor Auction Site to find one being sold that week!
240 GLE 2.3 Estate, 740 GLE 2.3 Estate, 440 Turbo, 760 GLE 2.8 (V6) Estate
rabbitrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rabbitrr For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2017, 06:48   #5
reggit
Premier Member

Just had a search on autotrader, there's 2 P2 V70R's in manual listed - both in the Midlands area. I've been really nice and linked to the dealers websites.

These are nothing to do with me btw, but if I had the cash I'd be looking at one of them without a doubt!

One here http://www.gerryscarsandvans.co.uk/u...hicleType=cars

and the other here http://www.locateacaruk.co.uk/used-c...01606305408155
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 07:09   #6
Turbodave
VOC Member

The whole service history think is a bit hit or miss for me.

It's not necessarily the sign of a good car, after all all it takes to get a stamp in the book is a basic oil service at your dealer... there's a hell of a lot more to these things than that.

Mine came with full history... and the wrong spark plugs, a poorly fitted air filter, a fuel filter from the dark ages and assorted bits and pieces that weren't quite right.

It did however come with copious amounts of white grease slapped over every hinge and the surrounding bodywork.

Full history though is fine if it's backed up by evidence that any issues identified were rectified, if not then to be honest it's only fit for lighting the fire on a winters night.

Dear ones also have as much chance of spectacular failure as the cheaper ones.

I'm toying with the idea of selling mine due to lack of use (3rd car) but it won't be till later in the year.

Last edited by Turbodave; Aug 18th, 2017 at 09:12.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbodave For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 20:18   #7
Daz Newell

I would love the grey one reggit...it is a beauty but just a bit high mileage
Daz Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daz Newell For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 21:10   #8
Dedders

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
Just had a search on autotrader, there's 2 P2 V70R's in manual listed - both in the Midlands area. I've been really nice and linked to the dealers websites.

These are nothing to do with me btw, but if I had the cash I'd be looking at one of them without a doubt!

One here http://www.gerryscarsandvans.co.uk/u...hicleType=cars

and the other here http://www.locateacaruk.co.uk/used-c...01606305408155
Thank you for these I appreciate it. Unfortunately when looking at the pictures the grey one is actually an automatic. I like the look of the blue one, the only question about it is that it's not been serviced for 2 years according to the add but I will contact them to check.

Thanks again

Adam
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 21:27   #9
reggit
Premier Member

On looking again, you're right. That's the one I would have been interested in if I could afford. Like you, the auto would put me off.
Good luck on your hunt.
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 21:33   #10
Dedders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
The whole service history think is a bit hit or miss for me.

It's not necessarily the sign of a good car, after all all it takes to get a stamp in the book is a basic oil service at your dealer... there's a hell of a lot more to these things than that.

Mine came with full history... and the wrong spark plugs, a poorly fitted air filter, a fuel filter from the dark ages and assorted bits and pieces that weren't quite right.

It did however come with copious amounts of white grease slapped over every hinge and the surrounding bodywork.

Full history though is fine if it's backed up by evidence that any issues identified were rectified, if not then to be honest it's only fit for lighting the fire on a winters night.

Dear ones also have as much chance of spectacular failure as the cheaper ones.

I'm toying with the idea of selling mine due to lack of use (3rd car) but it won't be till later in the year.

I do agree with you it's definitely not everything it's far more important to me that it's been well cared for so as long as there's proof of this I will be happy

Thanks Adam

Tags
manual gearbox, v70r