Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1996, 850 SE, 2.0 10V auto wagon, 85K miles!

Views : 536

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 31st, 2023, 17:15   #1
klunk

Default 1996, 850 SE, 2.0 10V auto wagon, 85K miles!

As per title, 85K genuine miles, Columba alloy's, Full winter pack, Electric sunroof, Nivomats and a gen Volvo dog guard and load space cover, A well specced 850! Purchased by me 5 years ago as a stop gap and still have it as it is so reliable!! It has never let us down! First job i did was a full service and a PCV renewal using gen Volvo parts, A nice shade of metallic blue with beige interior and half leather seats, A bit of wear on the drivers seat bolster as expected! It has the usual 850 front wing rust but the rest of the body is rust free, It has a few parking dings and faded laquer in a few very small places, It's bright and tidy for it's age and not the usual neglected 850 heap. Serviced annually by me, The engine is a peach and the auto box with it's sport, Economy and Winter mode all work perfectly, It drives very smooth! A set of matching Riken (Michelin budget) Tyres on it and the rears are brand new, A fresh MOT on it yesterday (The MOT tester commented on how rust free the cars structure is!) but on driving home the ABS light came on and also the fuel gauge has now packed up! These are the only 2 faults with it as far as i can tell, £700 ono buys it, I'm open to sensible offers, No timewasters please, The reg is P861GFL if you want to do an MOT check on it to verify the mileage, The oil leak stated on the MOT is a weep from a cover on the front of the auto box, We've never had to top it up! The car is in Bideford, North devon, Any inspection welcomed, I just want it to go to a good home, Also perfect for you if you have an accident damaged or rusty R, T5-R or T5 and need a reshell donor! Email me at: scotty11@gmx.co.uk if you are genuinely interested and i will shoot some images of it over to you, Cheers. NOW SOLD, Geoff buys cars on YouTube has bought it! See it on his channel!

Last edited by klunk; May 31st, 2023 at 20:03.
klunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2023, 08:47   #2
britten_mark

I love Geoff and his channel, but I do hope yours doesn't get cannibalised just for its interior just because its cheap (I think you under sold it sadly).
britten_mark is offline   Reply With Quote