Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Air suspension service required

Views : 13560

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2023, 23:17   #21
safrane

Robocop, your issue could be moisture in the system freezing and blocking the pipes.
safrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2023, 17:16   #22
safrane

So leaking OSR bellows, so that's £900 supplied and fitted by Lloyd's Carlisle.

Far less than a Skyhook shock in the Maserati, so I'm not too bothered.
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 23:41   #23
Washwipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiecb19 View Post
Hi, apologies for resurrecting an older thread. I've come across the same issue with the blown fuse/ suspension not rising. I managed to get a fuse from Volvo, and the parts guy said there were known faults on the suspension. My 2017 is clearly outside of warranty, but should this still be fixed as a warranty/recall issue free of charge?
Ours is currently with Volvo with the same issue, along with an adblue issue for the fifth time in a year.

Quoted £1100 for new fuse and compressor, with Volvo offering a good will gesture of 50%, felt ok about till I’ve also read that someone else had to pay around the same as what I’m now paying, but no mention of goodwill, cynic in me says that the goodwill gesture is to make me think they are doing me a favour when I’m being charged full whack.
Washwipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 22:54   #24
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

After a 2 year saga with an Audi A6 All road with air suspension issues, £500 sounds like a bargain for a dealer fitted oem air compressor... Snap their hand off and be grateful it's not an Audi
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 23:08   #25
Washwipe

Oh I am, as after five visits to the deal in a little over one year for an adblue issue, they’ve finally tried to solve it, new adblue tank and sender unis being fitted along with the compressor, £1200 on top of the compressor with all the bits and bobs coming out a gnats over £2300, ok Volvo have offered a lot of good will, my contribution is £500, took out a policy with Warranty Direct, @350 plus £150 excess. Happy Days.
Washwipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 17:48   #26
safrane

So the 'fix' was very short lived.

The next drive, just 24 hours later and the lift was very noisy as the car changed hight. Made it 1 miles before the error message. So car recovered again.

Volvo assist told me I could get a hire car... shame they did not mention this the first time round as was without a car for 4 days. Sadly the car rental place had no cars, so another 24 hours without a car, then some silly van with seats provided... not like for like as promised.

Volvo not expected back until 5 days later... we will see!
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 08:15   #27
PainZ

Any update on yours safrane?

I have an issue where the back of my car (Both drivers and passengers sinks)

Mine provided the error before Christmas, however when i got to my destination (3 miles) and went to the shops, when i came back and turned the car on again it fixed its self. Obviously something which was frozen had sorted itself out!

Today same issue really, heated car up via app for 30 mins, then went to get in it.. as soon as i'm pulling out of my street i get the error, get to work (5 mins down road) back of car sunk completely.

It's a MY18 67 plate XC90 T8
PainZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 08:50   #28
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainZ View Post
Any update on yours safrane?

Today same issue really, heated car up via app for 30 mins, then went to get in it.. as soon as i'm pulling out of my street i get the error, get to work (5 mins down road) back of car sunk completely.

It's a MY18 67 plate XC90 T8
From my Audi experience, as soon as you get sinking corners, you are looking at time in the garage, hopefully some accurate diagnosis, and some replacement components. Watch out for trial and error diagnosis!
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 09:12   #29
PainZ

It's clearly just the issue with the Compressor freezing as many people have had before, it's just annoying that in the USA they accepted fault and extended the warranty on the part to 7 years and therefore would complete the replacements free of charge including parts and labour.

However within the UK / EU they don't do the same thing? Same part, same cars, same years.

Don't understand why Volvo USA take accountability but Volvo UK/EU wouldn't?

I guess it's because in the US if they didn't, they'd more than likely get sued!

Link for people interested.. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...94228-9999.pdf
PainZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PainZ For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 17:34   #30
craigy85

Another failed compressor here... late 2017 registered MY18 S90 T8. Suspension Service light came on last last Thursday as I was pulling onto the drive, with the car looking like a low-rider at the rear. Recovered to the local dealership with Volvo assist on a flat-bed. Thankfully I only bought the vehicle in August, with a 12 month warranty, so I'm not out of pocket but was told it would have cost me over £1,100!! As you say, if it's covered in the US it should be in the UK... I'm sure a threat of legal action could sway Volvo to cover the costs!

Previously - MY17 V90 D5 R-Design
craigy85 is offline   Reply With Quote