Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

760 Estate for sale

Views : 708

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 12:35   #1
760des

Default 760 Estate for sale

1989 760 Estate 2.8 Auto. Dark Blue with tan leather: Taxed until Nov. Mot until August 1st 2014 passed with no advisories. 177,000 miles.

All panels have marks, small dent on N/S front door paint intact. No rust on bodywork anywhere. MOT Inspectors said "clean as a whistle underneath" ( I looked, it was far from 'clean', but no eveidence of tin worm which I guess is what he meant). Small amount of corrosion on lower n/s tailgate which I think is alloy. The frame is perfect.

Work done since March: New remanafacured (not recon) Steering Rack: Aux belts: 4x new tyres: New igniton lock: Remote Locking (locks bug*ered):New pads all round: New o/s sliding pin kit: New full exhaust system including down pipes: New Lamba Sensor: Tailgate anti rattle kit: in all £1200.000 in parts.

Faults: Will need a battery before too long (went flat whilst I was away on aweeks holiday). Temp guage works, fuel guage will only work when when driving my Daughter to School, and at no other time (I just fill up at 250 miles to be sure of not running short). New pads squeak like hell. Sometime on r/h lock the n/s front roadsprong winds itself up and then unwinds - sounds horrible, but all the 700's I've had have done it!

The inteior tan leather is all intact. The carpets likewise but look horrible and could do with a vax or three. Apart from the guage and the air-con, everything works as it should, inc the electric sunroof.

This car is the smoothest driving car I've ever owned with the exception of a Bentley I once had. It never fails to put a smile on my face, and give me a sense of well-being. I'd drive it anywhere, and in a straight line you'd be suprised just how it will take off! It'll go on for years and years, and it turns like a London Taxi. I love it!

I bought it just to do the school run each day and that's all it does, but as my Daughter now wants to go on the Bus or Cycle with her Chums, I've no real excuse for keeping it as my Wife has a much newer S80 (which I hate).

With 11 months MOT and it's tax, plus the new parts - it has to be worth £750.00. It's far too good to break up for sure.

Car in Milton Keynes (MK15). Call Des 01908 696415 before 9.00pm or 'Desmond@tatimms.com'

Last edited by 760des; Aug 31st, 2013 at 12:38.
760des is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
now on flea-bay