Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Articles

Notices

x40 S1 Articles Article posts pertaining to x40 S1 Articles series Volvos

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How to Replace the Hazard Light Switch

Views : 18840

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 28th, 2014, 14:53   #21
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmosher View Post
Very handy bump, as I was wondering how to swap the broken vent with the working one on my old car Didn't realise they would just pop out with a flat screwdriver. Although I know I've taken the vent unit out before, haha

Now to work out if I can dismantle the vent to re-seat the loose plastic clips inside..... I'll do a guide if I ever figure it out

PS Gatos did this guide ever get copied to the Articles section? I think I've seen it before but not there? Quick PM to an admin if you want that done, make sure they link back to the original thread as we can't comment on or reply to the Articles
Easy to re-seat the plastic clips behind the vent. You will figure it out once you remove it. If you click on my signature, you will find all my guides. For some reason, admin has messed up the layout for some security reasons and I can't correct them anymore

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 15:08   #22
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

I removed the cover, and I reseated the clips... but still seems to be catching somehow, so every 3-4 wiggles it just gets caught on something invisible, and pops out again. I could probably pull them all out and refit carefully but I just swapped it for the same vent in the old car.

Thing is, now I can't figure out how to get the vent cover back into place with the rubber grommet on one side and the metal spring clip on the other without dropping the metal clip into the vent behind the cover or the black grommet on the black carpeted floor. It's so fiddly that I just gave up before I killed myself with the frustration. There must be a knack to it?

Last edited by baldmosher; Mar 31st, 2014 at 15:11.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 14:24   #23
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

*bump*

Anyone know the process for refitting the vent cover? (Central right, specifically)

I have a metal spring/plate, which obviously fits on the right edge, and I have a tiny rubber washer, which obviously fits on one of the three pegs (two as a hinge, one as a motion stop). I tried fitting with the washer on the left peg, but it feels wrong, and the metal spring/plate grates on the housing. So I guess the washer needs to go on the right somehow with the spring?
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 14:57   #24
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Thanks for the guide. This tackles two problems in my car in one go. broken heater vent surround and a hazard switch that only turns off if you give the dash a good thump with your palm.

Thats a job for next time Im scavenging parts to get some replacements.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote