Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale: 1999 V70R AWD - requires some work

Views : 960

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2017, 12:50   #1
Atik

Default For Sale: 1999 V70R AWD - requires some work

Vehicle Details:
1999 ‘S’ reg Volvo V70R AWD. 2.3t engine with automatic gearbox. Working condition, but requires some maintenance to bring to full operation condition. I do very little mileage now and have only covered 5000 miles in around 18 months! Usual R specs, including automatic climate control, cruise control, electric driver seat adjust, heated front seats, sunroof, working AWD. I’d class this as an unmolested example running stock everything. Bodywork is in overall good condition. Car had a respray at some point prior to my ownership. Has ABM projector headlights fitted which are amazing!
Looking to sell asap as have no space on the drive for the new car. £1800 or nearest offer. Priced cheap to factor in that the exhaust repair will cost a fair chunk of usual ‘R’ prices.

History:
Bought the car 16/1/16 with 186379 on the clock with a small history file. Since then, I’ve tried to maintain it to as high a standard as I can. Details of all work carried out under my ownership below.

28/2/16 Mileage 186450
Service (engine oil, ATF, filters, plugs)
Radiator temp sensor replaced following false dash readings
Throttle body replacement following ETS error
O2 sensors x2 replaced following lambda readings EML error
Full PCV kit replacement following recovery after limp mode

30/5/16 Mileage 187794
Front brake calipers replaced following caliper seized
Lower boost pipe replaced following split pipe
Replace all engine vacuum pipes as precaution

30/10/16 Mileage 189785
MOT failure. Undertaken various repair works
Repair exhaust (discovered catalytic converter possibly faulty)
Crankshaft oil seal replaced to remedy oil leak
Camshaft seal replaced to remedy oil leak
Water pump kit replaced
Timing belt replaced
Handbrake shoes adjusted
ARB stabiliser droplinks replaced
Service (engine oil, ATF, filters, plugs)
4x new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics fitted

11/3/17 Mileage 190801
Suspension top mounts replaced following suspension noise and knocking steering on turning
Radiator replaced following pinhole leak
Transmission oil cooler pipes replaced as part of radiator change

8/4/17 Mileage 191074
Cat removed due to failure, temp repair decat in place until full exhaust or replacement downpipes can be sourced. EML remains on due to lambda readings
Discovered power steering reservoir needs changing as its bloated and is misting in that area.
Intermittent ETS error. No fault found, and no difference in running vehicle except cruise control not operational when error is active. Research suggests possible brake pedal position sensor required to remedy intermittent ETS error.
Brand new rear tailgate hydraulic lifters fitted.

Points to consider:
  • Will require at least a replacement catalytic converter (or replacement downpipe). The cat failed on me in April and I got a friend of mine to take it out and weld a temp repair pipe in place to get the car moving. It now runs ‘decat’ which throws an EML light on the dash.
  • Rear backboxes will need replacing as they are corroding in parts.
  • Bonnet paint not in the best condition. Paint has dulled for some reason.
  • Power steering reservoir needs changing. I have one ready to fit, but haven’t had the chance to make the change.
  • ETS error, possible brake pedal position sensor needs changing.
  • Body work in overall good condition, some light scuff marks on the bumpers, no rust anywhere to be seen!
  • Suspension and brakes looked brand new when I bought it, and have covered less than 6000 miles since.
  • Centre dash speaker not in use. Was removed as the magnet had broken and was rattling while driving. Original headunit was not present when I bought the car anyway. Under-seat amp powering door speakers is operational and works perfect.
  • Car will be SORN at the end of the month. Car will come with two boxes of assorted bits for the car, including full set of rear lights, full set of front lights, various trim bits.

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4896.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG

IMG_4908.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

IMG_4910.JPG

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5886.JPG

IMG_6264.JPG

IMG_6265.JPG
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 07:17   #2
PNuT
MaDMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atik View Post
Vehicle Details:
I’d class this as an unmolested example running stock everything. Bodywork is in overall good condition. Car had a respray at some point prior to my ownership. Has ABM projector headlights fitted which are amazing!
It is missing the R front bumper....
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 10:49   #3
Atik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
It is missing the R front bumper....
Didn't realise that in all the time I've had it! Will amend thread info.
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 10:57   #4
Atik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybroke View Post
The car pictures were great looks beautiful but I can't judge it in pictures how is the condition of your car any accident or some other issue because I want to buy
It is a good looking car. As I said, its had a paint job prior to me owning the car, so looks clean and tidy all over. There are some paint edges visible where they taped up to the rubbers and plastics. Bonnet is a little faded unfortunately.

As far as I am aware, there is no damage. I've been into the boot plastics, door card and tailgate and well inside the engine bay and underneath and all panels are straight, no signs of any welding or repairs.

As PNut posted above, it looks like its had the front bumper replaced.

As per description, issues are listed. Mainly the exhaust needs changing (EML light is on due to this), power steering reservoir needs changing as its misting under pressure (replacement supplied). ETS light is intermittent but there are no error codes on the dash relating to it. Other than that, I've been driving it daily until last week.

Last edited by Atik; Jul 25th, 2017 at 10:59.
Atik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2017, 10:19   #5
Atik

Bump, reduced to £1500.00 as now SORN and taking one space on the driveway.