Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

First Time Volvo Owner (Eventually)

Views : 3568

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2019, 22:25   #21
anotherv60
Master Member

There might be a silver lining...Volvo have just managed to triple hybrid production: https://www.electrive.com/2019/03/23...h-phev-demand/

Perhaps those delivery dates will jump forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to anotherv60 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 23:06   #22
David kershner

Default S90 t8 seven months delivery?

Placed an order on 4th March 2019 for an s90 t8 Rdesign pro. Just been quoted Nov 1st delivery. Surely that can't be right? My lease car goes back end of August. Previously had Audi, Mercs and BMW and never had an issue. Longest slot was 14 weeks. Is this the norm?
David kershner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 11:14   #23
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by David kershner View Post
Placed an order on 4th March 2019 for an s90 t8 Rdesign pro. Just been quoted Nov 1st delivery. Surely that can't be right? My lease car goes back end of August. Previously had Audi, Mercs and BMW and never had an issue. Longest slot was 14 weeks. Is this the norm?
Once they solve their supply chain issues as stated on the news piece on the above URL, your delivery time may reduce.
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 11:17   #24
David kershner

Default S90 t8 seven months delivery?

much appreciated jonnyu and anotherv60.... at least they recognise that they are losing potential customers
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 10:32   #25
jonnyu

Quote:
much appreciated jonnyu and anotherv60.... at least they recognise that they are losing potential customers
This is already happening on other brands for some time now. Audi for example was not able to deliver last year any Q5 in countries that only had the 2.0 190 hp engine as a Diesel option. The delivery dates for the Audi A3 e-tron were also absurd.
So if you get out of the Volvo brand if you are searching for a PHEV, you will see that the same will happen on other premium brands because they are now introducing these options on their lineup.

For fast PHEV delivery, you can always count on Toyota for instance
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 13:44   #26
David kershner

Thanks Jonnyu. Makes absolute sense. To be fair, I have only ever had diesel or petrol engines before. I guess there must be a global problem of supply not meeting demand as so many manufacturers are producing PHEVs and electric motors now. Guess Ill just have to be patient
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 21:46   #27
sk546
Master Member

Not sure if the tripling of production has helped any but I actually got a delivery date through today for my MY20 XC60 T8 R-Design Pro, after ordering at the beginning of Dec, Volvo have said the 4th Sept 2019 is when it will arrive, only a 9 month wait!!
It should be worth it though.
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 22:15   #28
David kershner

Thank you sk546. I am prepared for it to be 8 months but hoping that things may improve as we progress towards September. Will keep you all informed
Old Apr 5th, 2019, 16:21   #29
David kershner

Default update

Just been in to see the head of sales at my Volvo dealer Lookers in Stockport. (really nice people to deal with). The car is already scheduled in to production and the delivery slot is late October. It is what it is and everybody ordering electric vehicles and PHEV's are in the same boat, so Im going to wait patiently and enjoy it when it arrives.
Old Apr 5th, 2019, 16:29   #30
LordLucan

Quote:
Just been in to see the head of sales at my Volvo dealer Lookers in Stockport. (really nice people to deal with). The car is already scheduled in to production and the delivery slot is late October. It is what it is and everybody ordering electric vehicles and PHEV's are in the same boat, so Im going to wait patiently and enjoy it when it arrives.
I got mixed feelings from lookers when looking for lease quotes. The car ended up being ordered through Zenith from a dealer in the Midlands. Although lookers volvo are near where iive, i had a really bad experience with lookers Skoda (returning a car with a wheel bolt missing!!) so I've given them a wide berth.
Ive since adopted ryebrook volvo in Warrington as its close ish to where i work. Ryebrook get 10/10 for the whole process regarding fitment of my towbar.