Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Can you strip out the LPG to make way for CNG?

Views : 3760

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 17:22   #21
volvobaggen

How much did you pay for the installation CNGBiFuel? Did you get the system tuned properly, because I read on the hhoforums that it is important to add baking soda to the water so you get more hydrogen for the system.

Here is the excellent forum for other people running their cars on water http://www.hhoforums.com/

Sadly my country is to backwards, I canīt find even a single installer of hho-systems here
volvobaggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:33   #22
jayhl7

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
I suspect your memory is not failing you.

I wanted one. To hell with CNG, thsi has to be far better.

Developements so far, I rang jayhl7, he's only 120 miles from me, went down, and he fitted his gizmo, it only took 10 mins, and whoopee, it works.

Only issue so far, is that ever since then, I'm having trouble with the secret mind-control tech contained in jayhl7 little black-box. He didn't tell me about that bit, and that was just plain, sneaky.

It's OK, I've found the cure, as long as I wear a tin-foil hat, and keep at least 10 feet away from it, I don't hear the voices.

And er... Miss World, VB & capt, let us all know how you get on when you've had him install yours.
The last time I looked leighton Buzzard was 240 miles from Cornwall! It was not me that you Phoned! and I would need your car fot 1/2 a day the little "Black boxes" that I use are proven and tested, they either plug in to the comman rail of diesels( common rail only) or are fitted to the map/maf on petrol injection cars, and they are to adjust the fuel/air mixture,I dont do mind control I have not got the brain power for it!! The tech is in use by TuV Austria, Jay got to do the School run Jay
jayhl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 19:29   #23
John_C
Allons-y!

LOL I always thought you'd have to be immune to sarcasm to sell that snake oil, and so it proves....
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 19:57   #24
jayhl7

Cool I'll try and expain what I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvobaggen View Post
Yes, maybe I was a bit closed-minded, it is a long time since I learnt about conservation of energy back in primary/high school. ,

I appologize jayhl7, maybe you can tell us some more about how hho works?
What you know of thermodynamic's will mostly stand! But remember that all the Areodynamic rule's are broken by the humble bumble bee. with such small wing's and large body it should not be able to fly!!!

First let me say that this is Not Alien Tech!, nor is it revolutionary! it is the evolution of somthing that has been in use for over 70 years! so why have you never heard of it? Firstly the government cant Tax you on the water that you use as fuel and secondly the petro chemical companys dont want you to know about it as then they wont make as much money either!!

HHO is the result of passing electricity through Electolyte (we use pottasium hydroxcide to make our's) the water is seperated in to it's original form, 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, the gas is then fed in to the engine This works with most other fuel sources ( Petrol, Diesel and even Lpg ) it is used along side the normal fuel, not on it's own ( for those that have looked in to Diesel/Lpg it's a very similar process) the gas is fed into the engine via the air intake and as a result less of the normal fuel is used! On the system's that I install there is a current sencing relay that turns the system on Only when the engine is running and turns the system Off as soon as the engine is no longer running, there is no storage of hydrogen the system is also known as "Hydrogen on demand" so there is no loss of boot or luggage space, no extra tank in the spare wheel well, and no dangerous combustable fuel carried around ( I am aware that Lpg Tanks are very safe and am in no way be-littling them, I also have 2 Lpg vehicle's) any Gases leaving the fuel cells plate's after the engine has been turned off are quickly returned to water it's normal form, the emission's of vehicle's fitted with HHO are greatly Improved with up to 95% reduction's of harmful gases, Hydrogen burns hotter than either petrol or diesel and soon burns off the carbon build up from inside the engine after which time the engine runs Cooler! Carbon is a great insulator,
The equipment that I install is also being used by TuV Austria, When they gave the system Approval they were so impressed that they started to have it installed on there own vehicle's!
Have a look at the "Creo project" Via google,
I hope this is of some help but any further question's ask! Jay
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 21:22   #25
John_C
Allons-y!

It's such a shame it doesn't work really, or it would be brilliant. This has been being touted for literally decades just in different wrappers to suit the fad of the time.

If you genuinely believe this stuff (and many people flogging it actually do, it's generally sold as a business opportunity via a franchise type system and multi level marketing) I'd suggest.... Actually I can't post what I'd suggest on here, I'd be banned. Anyway you need to register as a trader to promote your business on here. Which should be entertaining if you read the forum rules for traders.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 21:48   #26
volvobaggen

Iīm not very good at physics, but you canīt just make exceptions to the law of thermodynamics when it suits you. If I did that back in school my teacher would fail me in an instant.

If hho is working the way you say, why wouldnīt car manufacturers make cars that would run forever without adding fuel?

Why isnīt there power stations using this principle to produce energy?

I just want to understand how hho can work, because in theory it shouldnīt.

And wikipedia says this about the flight of the bumblebee : "A widely believed falsehood holds that scientists proved that bumblebees are incapable of flight"
volvobaggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:04   #27
jayhl7

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvobaggen View Post
Iīm not very good at physics, but you canīt just make exceptions to the law of thermodynamics when it suits you. If I did that back in school my teacher would fail me in an instant.

If hho is working the way you say, why wouldnīt car manufacturers make cars that would run forever without adding fuel?

Why isnīt there power stations using this principle to produce energy?

I just want to understand how hho can work, because in theory it shouldnīt.

And wikipedia says this about the flight of the bumblebee : "A widely believed falsehood holds that scientists proved that bumblebees are incapable of flight"
Have a look at the web adress below it should help out on the science bit!!

http://www.itm-power.com/wp-content/...eEmissions.pdf

At the moment it is difficult to produce enough Hho to run an engine on it's own ,I am aware of a 50cc scooter that starts on petrol and then switches over to Hho! and I am also aware of some small (1Kva) generators that will run on Hho once started, the production of small amounts of Hho is not too hard, there are lots of fuel cells available through the internet that produce Hho from water, and there are lot's of video's on youtube I have just seen "Truck runs 100% on water not gasoline" so it is possible, but the size of the reservoir is huge

Car manufacturer's work along side the petrol companie's using fossil fuel's, If you never had to fill up at a petrol station again then the likes if Shell and Bp would do anything that they could to stop this happening! years ago someone created the "ever lasting light bulb" which was quickly bought by a big light bulb manufacturer and removed from the public domain,

If you look into Bumble Bees they beat there wings upto 200 times per second! how could you even count that? It's no wonder Antoine Magnan (1881-1938) came to the conclusions that he did!

I hope this is some help,Jay

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Sep 23rd, 2012 at 13:35. Reason: fix quote tag
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:46   #28
Bristol603

Whilst as a physics graduate I find this discussion of HHO generators highly amusing, I am slightly concerned about giving these systems any airtime on our forum. Scammers may well view people who read an LPG forum as good targets as they are people interested in saving on fuel costs and willing to modify their cars to do so. Please don't waste your time and money on one of these systems.
Bristol603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 17:11   #29
Bristol603

On second thoughts, perhaps the amusement to be had from more posts explaining the merits of HHO generators outweighs the likelihood that anyone would be tempted to waste their time and money on buying one. Please do continue.
Bristol603 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bristol603 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:10   #30
John_C
Allons-y!

Please do tell me more about the HHO systems you sell, after reading that PDF I'm intrigued, especially since the PDF states that the system is designed to reduce emissions not improve fuel economy. In fact it actually states that it needs to run the system largely on KERS harvested energy to avoid increasing fuel consumption.

Please note that if your system turns out to be two electrodes in a jar of water+electrolyte which is powered by the alternator then I'm going to be very disappointed. I'm expecting a full-house KERS powered system here using advanced membrane electrolyser technology, since that's what you linked to.