Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

anyone fancy a midlands meet?

Views : 9664

Replies : 101

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 19:18   #21
Grizlyadams
RWD FTW!!!

The feeling us young guys with moddified volvos is that the older members of the voc dont really like us or what we do to our cars...just an observation of past nationals and other section meets.
A nice quiet chat and a drink or 2 with some mates all in for playing with volvo's feels less...organised and more friendly to me.
Griz
Grizlyadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 19:45   #22
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

I feel I would like to put my point across here…..

VOC is a great club, indeed, I am a fully paid up member. VOC forums are a great place to be and hugely successful – well done guys!

However, I was under the impression that the forums were free to anybody from any part of the world. The insinuation here is that you need to be a member of the VOC to attend a meet which I’m sure is not true.

Whilst the forum is part of the Volvo Owners Club, it is a free (& very good) place for people to join independently of the Owners Club. Surely therefore, non-VOC members of the forum should be allowed/permitted to meet up whenever and wherever they please?

Pedro & I recently helped organise a www.volvo-tech.co.uk meet at Avon Park and posted details, maps, etc on the VOC when we weren’t paid-up members. Was this not allowed?

I think if I were involved in the administration of the forum or VOC membership aspect, I would feel it a compliment that members of the forum would like to meet up and enjoy their cars……which may, ultimately, lead to more people joining the VOC.

I’m not trying to be argumentative and I would really appreciate an explanatory response

Last edited by MissDMeanor; Mar 31st, 2006 at 14:00.
MissDMeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 19:46   #23
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisl1
Am I missing something here guys? There are two sections in the Midlands that have regular meetings. The West Midlands sections next two meetings are at the Classic car meet, Wythall, B'ham on the 9th April and then the 9th May and the East Midlands section meets at the Rising Sun, Bosworth on the first Tuesday of each month. Full details are in Volvo Driver.
Hi Dennis, it appears your not the only person missing out on something. As i'm not a current paid up member of VOC I don't recieve Driver & can't access any information on these meets you've mentioned. As i thought/hoped was clear in several of the posts i don't intend this to be an official meet or representing any forum (it is posted on another) simply a chance for members with a similiar interest to get together & have a drink, chat & admire other peoples cars.
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 22:23   #24
Bob
Club Director

Although the monthly VOC regional meets are open to non VOC members, it is usually as a means to find out about the club and possibly join.

As Julie states, the forum is a place for anyone to visit and partake, so I see no reason why a group of like minded folk can't arrange a meet using the forum.

This is very much the way the Performance Section has developed, and many have now joined the VOC, so impromtu meets such as this are a good idea as it can only gel and develop our shared interest.

As a club we are always looking for ways to attract new members and provide more for existing members. These meets are a great chance to swap info and solve problems etc. You can't beat leaning over an engine bay and having a detailed guide about what is what and how things work, and how to fix things that don't work.

Bob

1995 850 T5 auto estate. 280hp 289K miles and purrrs
2009 Jap import V70 2.5T 200hp 51K miles
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 08:49   #25
logicaltuning

truck stop is ace for me, my car wont of even warmed up properly by the time i get there! lol
logicaltuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:18   #26
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Great! There's just one thing....has anybody been to and eaten at the truck stop in a car before? The reason I ask is that my dad went to the truck stop in Ashford 'cos he fancied a bite to eat and they wouldn't let him in because he was in a car, not a truck

We're looking at the weekend of 15th April - is that OK with everyone?

And just to reiterate.....everybody is welcome in any vehicle be it fast, slow or in reverse. It'll be nice to meet more of you, have a poke around the cars and have a bite to eat.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:56   #27
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

I have regularly used the truck stop on my travels - there is a seperate car park for cars. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether food is available over all the weekend or not. Could do with someone local calling in to check on food and whether they would be happy for us top meet there. Has anyone posted on V3M to see if any of them would be interested in joining us - they are all young (or young at heart) and have their own informal get togethers.
Lets get this off the ground and finalise details.
Could logical tuning check it out for us?

Mike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 13:19   #28
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Brace
I have regularly used the truck stop on my travels - there is a seperate car park for cars. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether food is available over all the weekend or not. Could do with someone local calling in to check on food and whether they would be happy for us top meet there. Has anyone posted on V3M to see if any of them would be interested in joining us - they are all young (or young at heart) and have their own informal get togethers.
Lets get this off the ground and finalise details.
Could logical tuning check it out for us?

Mike
Good idea Mike

What's V3M?
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 13:56   #29
Grizlyadams
RWD FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDMeanor
Good idea Mike

What's V3M?
for the 300 people

http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk/

Nice bunch, their last meet was a carpark full (that us uk tbrickers all raided...)
Griz
Grizlyadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 15:00   #30
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

15th at the truck stop is fine with me
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote