Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S90 Infotainment Query

Views : 2022

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2018, 12:37   #11
jimboelliott

Can anyone tell me what the slot is for, to the left of the volume control knob, on a S90. Looked in the manual, and no mention
jimboelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 13:16   #12
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboelliott View Post
Can anyone tell me what the slot is for, to the left of the volume control knob, on a S90. Looked in the manual, and no mention
Its an abient temperature sensor, what ever you do never ever stick anything in there or poke it as you will ruin it and your climate control will not work.

The two little contacts you can see in the slot are the sensor tips and are very delicate and easily broken if poked, take care when cleaning and dusting the dash.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Mar 25th, 2018 at 13:20.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 19:01   #13
JC888

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Its an abient temperature sensor, what ever you do never ever stick anything in there or poke it as you will ruin it and your climate control will not work.

The two little contacts you can see in the slot are the sensor tips and are very delicate and easily broken if poked, take care when cleaning and dusting the dash.
Ah... I always thought that's for the SIM Card...
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 19:04   #14
JC888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrown View Post
It is still listed on the Accessories page for £300 here. It also states

SO whilst 2nd USB might be available, it looks like it does not come as part of AA/ACP - though maybe the details ae just out of date.

I paid the £300 for AA/ACP as a dealer fit on my 1st S90. However, the dealer could not get it to work in the 10 days I had that car. My current S90 has AA/ACP as factory fit (so 2 USB) and it does work.

To be honest, there are a number of people on here, me being one, who have AA/ACP and do not use it, nor think it is worth the money. check out this recent thread for example.

For me - If it was free/included the ok. But would not pay for it again (at least with it current functionality). Others will have different views of course.

Would suggest you get used to the car, then think about AA/ACP after a few weeks.

But whatever you do - Enjoy the car when you get it. Still love mine 12 months in, even with the issues I have had
I echo this sentiment. Never has AA/ACP before and was pretty excited to check it out on the S90. Whilst the Siri integration is good I don't see any other plus points in using it (Volvo maps and Spotify app pretty good).
Plugging AA/ACP in also disconnects Bluetooth which in turn switched off the car's internet source.
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 22:13   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsandy View Post
Afternoon All!

I am due to pick up my 17 plate S90 R-Design in the next week or so from a remote dealership (was a very good deal!) I looked round the car and loved it and had a test drive and equally enjoyed it. What I missed to check on my test drive was availability of Android Auto. As far as i'm aware it does not have any optional extras (it does have its own hotspot, is that an extra?). What I am asking is, is it likely to have Android Auto available? So sites/manuals imply it as standard others as an optional. Its a ford dealership so when asked over the phone they where very unsure.

If its not available, is this a retro fit/update? and if so how much would this normaly be?

Failing this does the integrated system have an audible app? I see spotify, but I'm an avid audio book fan.

Many thanks for your help in advance!
Here you go ..

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-507728/2018
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 15:24   #16
trickytree1984

Hi There,

I current have an Audi A4 and i use android auto daily (it was free!). I wouldn't have a car without it. That said, i use google play music at home, in the car and on the move so that makes it a win for me. Also, google maps is incredible for traffic. I never have to input an address, it just knows where i want to go by what i've been googling, by where i go regularly and by my calendar invites...seamlessly...no set up. I use it for commuting daily as it gives you accurate traffic information and diversion. I NEVER use my in built sat nav. Downside...no in dash directions, screen only.

On the V90 i have ordered, i paid £300 for this to be added. Have i been mugged off? Its a MY2018.

PS having used apple car play a few times, no thanks! No where near as powerful.
trickytree1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 17:56   #17
S90
IT Guru

Horses for courses I guess, I use ACP all the time, but I use iTunes for my music, and Siri voice dial works so much better that the cars voice control. Plugging in is easy as I have a Brodit active holder, so i just drop the phone in and it connects. I sometimes use the Apple maps which I find pretty good.

As for Volvo's implementation, its got nothing to do with Volvo, ACP and AA are the same in any car as its down to Apple and Android to product the goods, manufacturers simply pay a licence fee to use it.

It would be nice further down the line to be able to pull up a contact etc and use Apple Maps on the drivers display, but again, it will down to Apple to allow that via their SDK's

Tags
s90, sensus