Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Favourite Feature & Worst Feature of Your SPA Volvo

Views : 8776

Replies : 86

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 28th, 2019, 20:18   #41
Haldex
Premier Member

Alright, it seems to work now..

Not quite like that. No VAG vehicle offers rear cross traffic alert, which I find quite useful I must say. No rear collision mitigation - Audi offers (at a hefty price, ofcourse..) rear collision warning- but it does not interfere with brakes, seat belt pretensioners etc. No active front collision avoidance on VW- Audi optionally offers a system which again does not take control of the steering/accelerator but rather amplifies the user input- hence it cannot act on its own. On a £60K+ VW flagship- Touareg one has to pay £1K for what they call “Drivers Assistance pack plus” in order to get height-adjustable seatbelts up front- and we’re talking active security features here?! You want me to carry on? No active whiplash protection, no knee airbag, etc, etc.

As for the buttons- meh.. I admit it took me some time to adjust- but now I wouldn’t want it any other way.. even Porsche has given up on the physical buttons.. lookup the interior shots of the new Taycan..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Haldex For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 13:36   #42
MCV60
Master Member

V90 Favourite features: cabin space, external /internal design, cabin appearance and quality of finish.

Worst features; limited drivers displays options, limited Sensus apps. The chrome plastic finish on the key fob.

Nice to have; 360 camera as standard
Old Apr 6th, 2019, 10:19   #43
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Generally like my XC90 D5 apart from the road noise and a few niggles but the gearbox hanging on to a higher gear for too long at low speed is grating on me and the clump clump clump as it changes down as you slow down to turn a corner. Hope the latest update resolves this when it goes in for its service in June.

Overall they are a very good car and most importantly the standard safety features are 1st rate as well as the extra safety features I opted for which may now be standard or soon will be as Volvo state that no body will be killed or seriously injured in their cars by next year so I assume all their cars will be fully loaded with all the safety kit and driver aids by then to achieve this aim.

If they sort the road noise and gearbox out it would be a great car.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2019, 12:09   #44
gaby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
As for the buttons- meh.. I admit it took me some time to adjust- but now I wouldn’t want it any other way..
Exactly. "Button-heavy" designs look more and more outdated to me.
Old Apr 7th, 2019, 01:52   #45
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Generally like my XC90 D5 apart from the road noise and a few niggles but the gearbox hanging on to a higher gear for too long at low speed is grating on me and the clump clump clump as it changes down as you slow down to turn a corner. Hope the latest update resolves this when it goes in for its service in June.

Overall they are a very good car and most importantly the standard safety features are 1st rate as well as the extra safety features I opted for which may now be standard or soon will be as Volvo state that no body will be killed or seriously injured in their cars by next year so I assume all their cars will be fully loaded with all the safety kit and driver aids by then to achieve this aim.

If they sort the road noise and gearbox out it would be a great car.
While I agree about the road noise, I have had no such issue with the gearbox and certainly no clunking as it slows down on the road. It’s completely smooth most of the time, the only exception being when aggressively accelerating from a low speed, such as away from a roundabout. I generally drive with a more progressive throttle, so it isn’t an issue as far as I’m concerned and no worse than any other auto box.

So I suspect that your gearbox may need calibration or to relearn or something. It doesn’t sound like it’s quite as it should be.
Old Apr 7th, 2019, 11:36   #46
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
While I agree about the road noise, I have had no such issue with the gearbox and certainly no clunking as it slows down on the road. It’s completely smooth most of the time, the only exception being when aggressively accelerating from a low speed, such as away from a roundabout. I generally drive with a more progressive throttle, so it isn’t an issue as far as I’m concerned and no worse than any other auto box.

So I suspect that your gearbox may need calibration or to relearn or something. It doesn’t sound like it’s quite as it should be.
Its not a noise, but you can feel the box changing down 3 cogs as I slow as though its hanging on to higher gears too long which I suspect to be for economy reasons, several other people have reported this, I am a careful driver and never drive fast so gearbox may have learnt to hang on to higher gears and when driving slow around housing estate roads on morning school run especially when engine is not fully warmed up you feel it is in a gear too high and just hanging on to it and dithering instead of dropping a cog, none of my MK 1 XC90's did this but they were only 6 gears and were always in the right gear, this being 8 gears has too many to choose from for town driving, I think it was designed more for the sake of the economy figures, with a bigger engine it might be better but not quite matched to a 2ltr.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Apr 7th, 2019 at 12:01.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2019, 16:44   #47
Fursty Ferret

The gearbox in my D4 occasionally shifts with a bang and a jerk. Only at low speeds when it's been confused at a roundabout.
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2019, 17:23   #48
vman99
Estateman

Default March 2019 V60 D4 Momentum Pro

Hi,

Best Bits:- Looks - smooth, quite ride - blond interior and 50+ mpg

Worst bits:- No coolent temperature gauge - no dipstick - no sunglasses holder - nowhere for dirty spare wheel and missing switches for most used functions

vman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2019, 19:32   #49
gaby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman99 View Post
Hi,

Worst bits:- No coolent temperature gauge - no dipstick - no sunglasses holder - nowhere for dirty spare wheel and missing switches for most used functions
There is a felt lined (sun)glasses holder on the right lower side of the steering wheel (UK).
I would also like to have a dipstick and a coolant temperature gauge.
I wouldn't prefer hard buttons, rather a row of 4 programmable buttons on the home screen.
Old Apr 8th, 2019, 19:45   #50
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman99 View Post
Hi,

Best Bits:- Looks - smooth, quite ride - blond interior and 50+ mpg

If you sign in to your Volvo ID, and look under offers, there's an offer for the sunglasses holder, 50% off....

Fits into the roof where the grab handles are

I ordered 2, collected and fitted myself, super easy.
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote