Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Shark Performance STS unit

Views : 1491

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2014, 23:08   #1
Goldmember
Master Member

Default Shark Performance STS unit

Hi ,
I have 1 of the Shark Performance STS units for sale. I bought it 7 months ago along with a map for 1 of my cars. It was very simple to use, and I put the car back to standard when I sold it so that the STS can be reused on another car ( this is essential! )
It is in new condition and works brilliantly.
Cost £150 but I'm selling it for £90 delivered 1st class recorded in the UK.
If you need any more info see here..
http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/va...S40+P1+2004%2D

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited by Goldmember; Jan 28th, 2014 at 23:10.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 12:03   #2
DannyG

Hi Steve,

Is this just for the unit? Is there an added cost for the file to be modified and re-mapped by Shark and sent back to you?
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 12:23   #3
geoffco

I believe you then need to buy a remap for about £420. The advantage of the STS would be that you can apply / remove the mapping at will...

Geoff
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 19:40   #4
eethon

So I have a 2005 v50 2.0D, could I plug this in and remap? OR would there be additional cost?
If not Ill take it.

Last edited by eethon; Jan 29th, 2014 at 19:43.
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 20:57   #5
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Have a read of post 2 http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=198052
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon Jones For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 00:31   #6
eethon

thats weird none of the previous posts showed for me first time round. they all seemed to appear just before i posted this.
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 01:07   #7
timh30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
Thanks for that link. The original poster has posted this for sale in a number of the forums here, but not answered back to various questions posted - so at least this provides info from the original vendor.
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 01:22   #8
bongodave
I've Been Banned

So I get a warning for posting a link to a film and this guy posts an ad in every section, every few weeks, despite being told, for something that doesn't work?

Aint that a tad wrong? I was helping members and this guy is selling dodgey cack to em?

How's that protection for members work?
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 10:53   #9
Simon Jones
Premier Member

In fairness to Goldmembers advert, at no point has he explicitly stated it will work on a Volvo, but by posting in in pretty much every sales section on the forum, it is not unreasonable to infer that it is suitable.
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 23:16   #10
Goldmember
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodave View Post
So I get a warning for posting a link to a film and this guy posts an ad in every section, every few weeks, despite being told, for something that doesn't work?

Aint that a tad wrong? I was helping members and this guy is selling dodgey cack to em?

How's that protection for members work?
Firstly this is the 1st opertunity I have had to reply on the forum but have replied to PMs using my mobile.
When I saw that Ben had replied saying it won't work I replied immediately apologising stating that I did not realise this would not work and never meant to mislead anybody. In my replies to PMs I did always say please check with Shark to see if it was compatible .
I never meant to mislead or "con" anyone. Ben supplied me with mine for my Audi and I just assumed that it was the same one for all manufacturers. Suppose I should've checked .
Posting an ad in every section , every few weeks?? Really?
This is the 1st time I have tried to sell something on here for quite a while and have always respected any rules when doing so.
And the only reason I posted in various forums is that I assumed it was compatible with these models. If I have broken any rules I apologise and will not do it again. I'll post this reply to any other posts I've put up.
Once again, I'm very sorry everyone . I have sold a few items over the years on here and have earned some trust doing so . I have made a mistake and I would be happy for any moderators to delete any of these posts advertising this.
Regards,
Steve
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldmember For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread