Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 2006 D5 185HP EGR throttle position sensor - Powerloss

Views : 897

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2019, 23:35   #1
Calle799

Default V70 2006 D5 185HP EGR throttle position sensor - Powerloss

(First of all, sorry if i make this repost, i maked a thread in VOLVO V70 00-07 first but then i found this Diesel engine thread, hope it is ok)

Hello,

I got some problems with my Volvo V70 2006 D5 185HP. I was out and driving like usual and suddenly i lost a lot of power and a message that the engine needs service.

I took my Delphi computer and got 3 fault codes. 1 for the swirl link,1 for the Glow plug control (P6665) and the last one for the EGR throttle position sensor faulty signal (P44B0 / P4450)

The first ting i checked was the swirl arm, it was boken. I buyed a new arm and a new link/flaps and installed it. The old one was not in good condition. One falut code gone but still powerloss..

The glowplug fault code comes and goes. I think this one has nothing with the powerloss to do.

So, the big problem is the EGR throttle position sensor faulty signal... I have cleand the EGR, hoosing and the throttle. I have replace the black electronic cover that is on the EGR and i still have the same issue. The code comes back as soon as i start the engine and powerloss it feels like the car has 50 HP. The parameters for the EGR is stuck on 99.94%.

So what should i check.. Anybody have any ideas, Could it be vacuumleaks? Bad sensors? Electrical issue?

Best regards
Calle799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2019, 19:48   #2
Calle799

Default Default The car is working again!

I changed the EGR valve incl. the EGR cooler. The car is running perfectly now
Calle799 is offline   Reply With Quote