Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40/V50 Headlamp unit

Views : 2327

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2012, 10:23   #1
EricMe
V50 Driver

Default S40/V50 Headlamp unit

I've just bought a driver's side HL unit from eBay. Vendor assured me it was from an 09 plate car but on inspection it's from an earlier model.

Part number 31283159RH using H7 & HB3 bulbs. My 58 plate car (and of course a real 09 one) uses H7 & H9 bulbs and just to make life really difficult, Volvo also changed the shape of the 'slider grooves' so this won't even fit into the wing (without assistance from angle grinder & blutak )

Is there an 04-07 user who'd like to make an offer for it ? Preferably one living somewhere in East Midlands
EricMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 11:32   #2
itsme S40

i would be interested depending on a few items

this is for the 2004.5 - 2007
black inserts and not the grey insert
standard halogen unit not the xenon hid version
good condition
last but deffo not least the price
many thanks
itsme S40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 13:26   #3
kebab10
Premier Member

surely you should make a claim against the seller as he has sold goods that werent matching the description. Easier way to get your money back.
kebab10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 14:05   #4
EricMe
V50 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab10 View Post
surely you should make a claim against the seller as he has sold goods that werent matching the description. Easier way to get your money back.
kebab10:
eBay 'rules' are pretty unhelpful. They'd have me paying to post it back then reclaiming original cost of goods less postage so I'd still be £20 out of pocket. Possibly worth the effort if I'd paid anything like the £250 Volvo would have us believe it's worth but of course I didn't.
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 14:22   #5
EricMe
V50 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme S40 View Post
i would be interested depending on a few items

this is for the 2004.5 - 2007
black inserts and not the grey insert
standard halogen unit not the xenon hid version
good condition
last but deffo not least the price
many thanks
It sounds right but I'd urge you to take yours out and compare part numbers.

Removing and replacing will take less than 5 mins (1 min if you've done it twice already this week !); just open bonnet, pull up silvery clip just to one side of rear of lamp & use that to ease unit forwards. A label on top of unit gives part number and another on side lists the bulbs it uses.

If it's convenient to meet me (I live very close to M1 J29) it would be very quick to check it fits.

I don't have a firm price in mind. £30 would cover costs I've incurred; even a tenner would put me in a stronger position than eBay consider 'fair'. Or of course if several people wanted it and start a bidding war we could work it up past £100 (which would still be cheaper than several breakers have been offering !).

PM me wth any offer(s)
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 15:13   #6
kebab10
Premier Member

Ebay rules both help and hinder the buyer and seller. Been caught out both ways but once I made a handsome profit. Bought a monitor that had slight damage to then find it was badly damaged. Had an independent report done for a fiver, won my case. As seller had then defrauded Ebay and Paypal, I was supposed to return the goods. Seller washed his hands of them as unwilling to give me an address, so I sold it on honestly this time and made quite a profit.

Ask Ebay and see how you stand.
kebab10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 15:35   #7
EricMe
V50 Driver

I have of course pointed out the error to the seller and await his reply.

I haven't had many eBay disputes but was pretty disgusted with the result of one of them.

Meanwhile, offering it here is a pretty good back up plan - I may even end up making a profit.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 14:55   #8
EricMe
V50 Driver

eBay seller is now saying that the unit had a sticky label on it with a Nov 2009 date so it must be for an 09 car. Guess he's never heard of being able to buy spare parts for old cars ! Nor for that matter has he ever heard of apologising for mistakes.

I really can't be bothered to launch an eBay dispute - I still think that would leave me £20 out of pocket with nothing to show for it. If anyone here wants to make an offer, please do so quickly as eBay are having one of their 'free listing weekends' starting tomorrow. With a clear indication of which models it should fit along with an explanation of how to check part number and the rrp of a replacement unit it really ought to make me a profit.
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:51   #9
EricMe
V50 Driver

Now on eBay

Item # 250977833541
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 18:35   #10
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

May be interested in this as my current headlight has a few marks, just need to check if mine current headlight is the same par number, I'll check tomorrow or monday, what the lowest you'll take for the headlight (I can pay ASAP onceI've checked part numbers) and are they any bad marks/scratches on the lights?.

P.S. any chance of a picture of the back of the unit? are they self levelling??

Last edited by scoobysn7x; Jan 21st, 2012 at 18:38.
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote