Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thanks again RT Mechanic's

Views : 985

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 17:56   #1
GregE102
VOC Member

Smile Thanks again RT Mechanic's

Hi All

I took my 854 T-5R for the following last Thursday:
IPD roll bars front and back, Adjustable drop links, RT's camber kit and 4 wheel alignment.
Front Grill in Silver, with Andrew's own touch of styling to finish the job of very nicely, he fitted the same color mesh to the left & right air intakes and the hole where the AC rad is in the center, it looks very unique! I also had 2 new tier's fitted and my wheels touch up, where my Mother had scuffed them!
They also found that the drive shaft had seized in the hub and the gator had split as i had hit a small dear that morning at about 05:30, it may or may not have been the cause, so that was done as well with gear box oil changed as well, oh and new handbrake adjusters fitted and gear selector lights as well.

A special thanks to Lucy who covered me up with a blanket as Russ was good enough to let me catch some shut eye in his T-5R as i was shot to pieces from my drive there, I woke up at 10:30 with a very nice cup of coffee from Derrick (Thank you much needed).
Russ then gave ma a loan car a very nice V40 and asked that i just return it with the same petrol, As always their customer service was above and beyond any i have ever had any where else.

I then went to Portsmouth to meet Burchi for a mini meet you could say, he has a very nice V70R with a sweet sounding exhaust system and it was good to finally good to meet another member from the VPCUK a throughly nice bloke!, we sat and talked mods and cars before he had to return to work.
Good to meet you Ian.

I Collected my car this morning all done and finished and looking very nice,
I left RT Mechanic's at 09:20 and arrived home in Gt Yarmouth at 12:00 on the dot 195 miles!.
If some one had told me when i brought my T-5R that you could get a car of that size to handle that well i would have called them a lier, the difference is like going from a standard suspension set up again to FSD's but double, the cornering is now amazing and very flat, Russ set the drop links to seven turns and its spot on for me, I could not believe how much more you could give it in the corners and i still did not manage to exploit its full potential, so i am off for some well known B road action tonight!

Oh and is there any takers on a very nice S70 R dark blue also at RT's, it is one of the cleanest example's i have seen, I forgot to ask Russ who's it was?

Once again a massive thanks to RT Mechanic's, Russ, Andrew, Lucy and Derrick.
Excellent work & Excellent customer service every time, thanks guys.

I will be returning next year for more upgrades, Can't wait
Greg
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 18:10   #2
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregE102 View Post
Hi All

I took my 854 T-5R for the following last Thursday:
IPD roll bars front and back, Adjustable drop links, RT's camber kit and 4 wheel alignment.
Front Grill in Silver, with Andrew's own touch of styling to finish the job of very nicely, he fitted the same color mesh to the left & right air intakes and the hole where the AC rad is in the center, it looks very unique! I also had 2 new tier's fitted and my wheels touch up, where my Mother had scuffed them!
They also found that the drive shaft had seized in the hub and the gator had split as i had hit a small dear that morning at about 05:30, it may or may not have been the cause, so that was done as well with gear box oil changed as well, oh and new handbrake adjusters fitted and gear selector lights as well.

A special thanks to Lucy who covered me up with a blanket as Russ was good enough to let me catch some shut eye in his T-5R as i was shot to pieces from my drive there, I woke up at 10:30 with a very nice cup of coffee from Derrick (Thank you much needed).
Russ then gave ma a loan car a very nice V40 and asked that i just return it with the same petrol, As always their customer service was above and beyond any i have ever had any where else.

I then went to Portsmouth to meet Burchi for a mini meet you could say, he has a very nice V70R with a sweet sounding exhaust system and it was good to finally good to meet another member from the VPCUK a throughly nice bloke!, we sat and talked mods and cars before he had to return to work.
Good to meet you Ian.

I Collected my car this morning all done and finished and looking very nice,
I left RT Mechanic's at 09:20 and arrived home in Gt Yarmouth at 12:00 on the dot 195 miles!.
If some one had told me when i brought my T-5R that you could get a car of that size to handle that well i would have called them a lier, the difference is like going from a standard suspension set up again to FSD's but double, the cornering is now amazing and very flat, Russ set the drop links to seven turns and its spot on for me, I could not believe how much more you could give it in the corners and i still did not manage to exploit its full potential, so i am off for some well known B road action tonight!

Oh and is there any takers on a very nice S70 R dark blue also at RT's, it is one of the cleanest example's i have seen, I forgot to ask Russ who's it was?

Once again a massive thanks to RT Mechanic's, Russ, Andrew, Lucy and Derrick.
Excellent work & Excellent customer service every time, thanks guys.

I will be returning next year for more upgrades, Can't wait
Greg
Hi Greg, the blue S70R is mine - thanks for the compliment! I saw your car on the ramp getting the IPDs and camber kit fitted - glad that your happy with the IPD roll over bars!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 18:18   #3
GregE102
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Hi Greg, the blue S70R is mine - thanks for the compliment! I saw your car on the ramp getting the IPDs and camber kit fitted - glad that your happy with the IPD roll over bars!
Wow how many Volvo's do you own? your avatar car is red, no really it looked very nice though, and yes i am very happy with the suspension upgrades they are quite amazing.
Thanks
Greg