Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leather quality

Views : 17811

Replies : 178

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2017, 15:47   #111
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Then why the negativity?
Quacker - it wasnt s90 who wanted the TJ it was Munroes.

From what I can see s90 was just trying to help, not be anal.

A valid UK TJ is definitely a stronger document for any arguement with a dealer.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2017, 15:56   #112
Munroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Quacker - it wasnt s90 who wanted the TJ it was Munroes.
Thanks Philip - I bowed out after seeing the dissent I had created.
Back to the original thread topic though, I am concerned about the longevity of the leather on my car - just seems to have worn in rather fast and 'collapsed' in certain areas.

I will do as Neon did - go back and tell them to replace it, rather than asking their advice.
Munroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2017, 10:13   #113
neon
Premier Member

Still waiting for a response from Volvo on a long lasting fix to the leather peeling. Here is a couple of the most recent pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File_000 (3).jpg (60.7 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg File_000 (2).jpg (52.1 KB, 99 views)
Old May 26th, 2017, 23:05   #114
neon
Premier Member

Phoned Volvo UK today as almost a month with no solution. They said the case had been closed so it is now open again and they promised to come back by mid next week.
Old May 26th, 2017, 23:20   #115
Driver Dave

My car went in yesterday for a software update and I pointed out similar wear to Neon's on my driver's seat (amber leather). The dealers have taken photos and forwarded to Volvo with a warranty claim. They are going to replace the leather, foam and electric seat elements as they are, apparently, difficult to do just the leather.

Now waiting for Volvo to accept the claim so parts can be ordered from Sweden.
Old May 27th, 2017, 07:18   #116
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver Dave View Post
My car went in yesterday for a software update and I pointed out similar wear to Neon's on my driver's seat (amber leather). The dealers have taken photos and forwarded to Volvo with a warranty claim. They are going to replace the leather, foam and electric seat elements as they are, apparently, difficult to do just the leather.

Now waiting for Volvo to accept the claim so parts can be ordered from Sweden.
Hopefully the more owners that do this will encourage Volvo to find a solution to improve the durability.

It is quite a long job replacing the parts, mine was in for the day, so it cannot be a cheap warranty claim every time it has to be done.

How many miles have you done.
Old May 27th, 2017, 09:33   #117
Driver Dave

10,400 miles. I am the only driver and having seen previous threads about the poor quality of the leather have tried to be careful how I treat it.

It seems the leather quality is poor and wears quickly especially in the "harder" use areas like the thigh roll on the exit side of the seat.
Old May 27th, 2017, 10:08   #118
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Hopefully the more owners that do this will encourage Volvo to find a solution to improve the durability.

It is quite a long job replacing the parts, mine was in for the day, so it cannot be a cheap warranty claim every time it has to be done.

How many miles have you done.
They have on two occasions i believe , they are well aware of the situation in identifying and fixing the problems behind the scenes ..
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:48   #119
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
They have on two occasions i believe , they are well aware of the situation in identifying and fixing the problems behind the scenes ..
I know they have changed the stitching on the seam, what was the other improvement?
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 10:33   #120
neon
Premier Member

Volvo UK are still waiting for feedback from the internal cogs at Volvo. They will escalate this today to the next level if no response, whatever that means. Volvo UK have been great at keeping me updated even if no progress is apparent.