Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 598866

Replies : 2691

Users Viewing This Thread : screechy

Old Aug 14th, 2019, 16:21   #2191
SeaShell

Gadgetman,

I would be delighted to be offered 10k as a trade in.

I have been getting figures of around £5800 for my 2015 D4 Business Edition, with full leather, winter pack, park assist pilot, Harmon Kardon audio, TFT dash, memory seat and folding mirrors. It's done just over 79K.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeaShell For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 17:11   #2192
Gadgetman

Talking

You wouldnt happen to be from a dealers would you
If not, your having you pants pulled down and being spanked
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 18:31   #2193
SeaShell

Unfortunately not. Even online price checks are similar. It's not very impressive for a 4.5 year old car.
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 19:22   #2194
Gadgetman

You have my sympathy, really crazy. I think I’ll keep mine another year then sell it cheap to my son-in-law if there’s no problems. it’s a lovely car and he would love it. I’m just getting bored. i really fancy the pilot assist in the new version, plus the ad blue is apparently more reliable?? But I digress from this thread.
Ps. My volvo is a xc60 SE Lux D4 auto, winter pack, tow bar, heated rear seats, blackout windows, Diamond cut wheels in crystal white.
So not sure if that’s why mines worth more ?

Last edited by Gadgetman; Aug 14th, 2019 at 19:28.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 19:33   #2195
ShamusUK

Much as I love my V60, i'm also looking around to change. Might get something simple (and petrol) for now.

These VEA EGR and Safety Recalls are worrying, and do not bode well for longer term ownership.

I've been shopping around, and trade-in prices are very low indeed. I'm set to lose thousands on my recent main-dealer purchase. You pay top-whack when you seek out and buy a well maintained model... and get peanuts when you trade-in. The anti-diesel climate doesn't help with prices either.

I really wanted my V60 to be a long term car (which is about 3 to 5 years for me).

Not sure what to do now.

Maybe a 2018 V40 T3 Auto, if I can get a decent trade-in on mine from somewhere.
ex: 2016 Volvo D3 SE Lux Nav Auto
ex: 2013 BMW 320i Luxury Auto
ShamusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2019, 17:48   #2196
Hilton
C J

Default VIN checked

As my XC60 D4 is booked in to the dealer for its second service next week at 32K miles on a 67 plate, I thought I'd check with their Service desk if the latest recall issue affects my car.

I have not received a letter from Volvo to date, but the guy checked his data base against VIN and confirmed my car is not in scope for the recall. He explained that build standards vary quite widely and that any previous corrective actions should have been carried out in production given its one of last of the Gen I model line.

Whether the scope of the recall is extended in due course is another matter..

But life is too short, so I have decided to continue enjoying the smooth comfort and agility of the car and deal with events if and when they arise.
Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 16:22   #2197
Haggis77

Default Hi all

I’ve just had the check engine light come on. My car is a 2014 S60 D4 with around 80,000 miles. It has full Volvo service history and I’m wondering if there is any way of knowing if this work has been done before?
Haggis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2019, 08:25   #2198
apsel

In the safety recall thread I was discussing how my car had started to stutter (or falter) sometimes at low revs. There was some debate that this was due to a blocked sensor pipe. However I have used an ELM interface and software to capture the performance of the EGR valve and I thinks it shows I am about to need another new valve (hence moved to this thread).

IF you look at the attached which shows the EGR demand versus EGR error (which I guess is calculated in the EMU) you can see the value is rather sluggish to response to increasing demand for the EGR valve and extremely slow to decreasing demand sometimes causing the error rate to spike dramatically. IT is during some of these spikes that the car stutters I guess due to the valve being open.

I am not sure how far this is off normal operation but am expecting the warning light to come on pretty soon as this is getting worse!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf V60 EGR Valve issue.pdf (233.9 KB, 44 views)
Old Aug 27th, 2019, 12:59   #2199
Turnwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamusUK View Post
Much as I love my V60, i'm also looking around to change. Might get something simple (and petrol) for now.

These VEA EGR and Safety Recalls are worrying, and do not bode well for longer term ownership.

I've been shopping around, and trade-in prices are very low indeed. I'm set to lose thousands on my recent main-dealer purchase. You pay top-whack when you seek out and buy a well maintained model... and get peanuts when you trade-in. The anti-diesel climate doesn't help with prices either.

I really wanted my V60 to be a long term car (which is about 3 to 5 years for me).

Not sure what to do now.

Maybe a 2018 V40 T3 Auto, if I can get a decent trade-in on mine from somewhere.
I was planning on running my car up to at least 200k miles (I purchased new and currently at 140k) but given the uncertainty over reliability I'm am not so sure now.

I am currently in the process of trying to persuade the company I work for to implement a salary sacrifice scheme for the leasing of electric cars (I currently receive a taxable car allowance). The BIK rate for pure electric cars is reducing from 16% currently to 0% in April next year and is then going to rise to only 1% in 21/22 and 2% in 22/23. I have looked at the numbers and it appears that I would be able to lease a Tesla Model 3 Performance (0 - 60 mph in 3.2 seconds) for a net cost of £300 per month (!) and that is before even taking into account the fuel savings, which for my mileage will probably be around £150 per month. The scheme is especially attractive to anyone who is fortunate enough to be able to sacrifice top slice salary earned in the £100-125k band, because the marginal rate would otherwise be 62%. If my company goes for it, my V60 will be being sold at the end of March next year.

Last edited by Turnwood; Aug 27th, 2019 at 13:02.
Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2019, 16:26   #2200
SeaShell

Turnwood,

Just wondering if you have you had the timing and aux belts done yet?

Cheers.