Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC40 Discounts

Views : 6632

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 1st, 2019, 23:08   #21
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Guy at work has just got nearly 6k off an XC40 inscription pro. You might not believe it and in fact nor did I but I have seen the paperwork so it is true.......

We provided a letter from work explaining that he was opting out of the company car scheme which apparently opened up "trade terms" for him. Only downside is that he couldnt get the service package as that is not available with trade terms......
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 22:51   #22
ak888

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
many thanks for all the replies... makes for an interesting read from my side of the fence!

All the best
Just stumbled on this thread while considering an XC40 after a 3 year hiatus from my previous XC60.

I remember my experience before car wow way back in 2009. I stumbled on this forum for the XC60 and after local dealers left me unimpressed I found a contact recommended here for some one in Reading (I live in East London). Everything negotiated via email, even my PX was done and guaranteed via emails.No problems whatsoever, and I didn't mind the drive across London and beyond to get to the dealer for pickup. The sales was up front, honest enough and negotiations were easy. Went to the dealer for the final order though as the missus wanted to meet face to face the person we were handing a good chunk of money to.

At the dealer offerer further discount for taking out finance so even better.

If a sales person I dealt with was honest and upfront, then unless a local dealer offered significant discount (say over 200+) then I rather pay that little extra.
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ak888 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 09:12   #23
A463TYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherv60 View Post
The other option is to join the Volvo owners club and for £35 get the affinity discount. So in addition to the dealer discount you get the discount on the car from Volvo plus free paint. In my case I just ordered my new XC40 today - I got a discount of £3882.76, which is very good indeed.

All with no haggling.
That does sound like a decent discount, though it looks like I'd have to be a member for 6 months before ordering
(I can see why)
A463TYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2019, 07:58   #24
XCWilts

Smile XC40 discounts

Quote:
Hi

I totally get all of the above, and wasn't criticising the desire to get a good deal in the slightest.

The point I was more making, is that if there are dealers out there (us included) who are offering you a good discount "off the bat" without having to negotiate at all with us then why not give us the business? Often we can do all the paperwork by email including finance documents, etc, and deliver the vehicle to your front door. We even have product trained drivers who give a full handover, exactly like you'd get at the dealership, so the experience (other than not going to the showroom) is exactly the same....

Kind Regards

Marc
I had mine delivered from the above yesterday (I’m based 100 miles from Northampton). All paperwork done by email, good discount, fair p/ex, delivery driver knew his stuff, no hassle. Very happy.
XCWilts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCWilts For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 7th, 2019, 18:29   #25
ak888

Can I ask if you got a discount off the car (dealer discount) and the VOC discount with free metallic on top?
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2019, 15:17   #26
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
many thanks for all the replies... makes for an interesting read from my side of the fence!

All the best
Hi Marc

I find this really intersting and I'm mainly with you guys on this thing and would support the dealers who (hopefully) have a sustainable on line business model.

The problem for me would (and is always) the "extended test drive" I need to live with a car for several hours / overnight, tootling around (not necessarily driving the length of the country in it, oh and I dont do weddings in my spare time!) which few are willing to provide.

The best and bravest course of action would be to offer (hopefully via Volvo HQ) a nationwide test drive facility - Vauxhall lent me a car for 4 days a few years ago and didnt even follow it up!

Personally I would pay to hire the car for a week as long as I got the best deal with all commission thrown back in and a fair admin/sale fee paid by me for a transparent deal. Sadly I fear the car industry will be the last to "come clean".
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2019, 15:29   #27
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Hi Marc

I find this really intersting and I'm mainly with you guys on this thing and would support the dealers who (hopefully) have a sustainable on line business model.

The problem for me would (and is always) the "extended test drive" I need to live with a car for several hours / overnight, tootling around (not necessarily driving the length of the country in it, oh and I dont do weddings in my spare time!) which few are willing to provide.

The best and bravest course of action would be to offer (hopefully via Volvo HQ) a nationwide test drive facility - Vauxhall lent me a car for 4 days a few years ago and didnt even follow it up!

Personally I would pay to hire the car for a week as long as I got the best deal with all commission thrown back in and a fair admin/sale fee paid by me for a transparent deal. Sadly I fear the car industry will be the last to "come clean".
A bit like this you mean

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/buy/res...est-drive/plus

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2019, 18:07   #28
Considered1
Premier Member

Nice one Marc.
is this just for the XC40 if so when can I expect a T8,,

best regards
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2019, 18:13   #29
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Nice one Marc.
is this just for the XC40 if so when can I expect a T8,,

best regards
There is no such thing as a T8 on XC40 at this time - There is the T5 Twin Engine (full spec guide attached)

First ones of these will be in the UK around Feb 2020.

Kind Regards

Marc
Attached Files
File Type: pdf volvo-xc40-my20-edition-4.pdf (1.49 MB, 10 views)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2019, 23:47   #30
Gray1969

Hi all,
Just ordered an xc40 R design T4 yesterday from the local dealer about 20 miles away.
I went in armed with my offers from What car on my mobile phone (which were significantly better than carwow btw).
The best offer was from Volvo Grimsby, which is 55 miles from me.
The salesman did the usual thing, looked amazed, took my phone away for 10 mins to show his boss, came back and agreed to match it, explaining that they weren't really making any profit on it now etc etc.
Without getting out of bed and going downstairs to get the paperwork, the discount was in the region of £3500 (10.4% off the MRP).
Very happy to do the deal locally.
Gray1969 is offline   Reply With Quote