Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

my xc60 electric silver

Views : 5723

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 19:47   #1
cepex

Default my xc60 electric silver

my new xc60 electric silver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 照片-0722_副本.jpg (142.3 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 照片-0723_副本.jpg (138.4 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg 照片-0727_副本.jpg (129.4 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg 照片-0721_副本.jpg (132.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg 照片-0728_副本.jpg (147.3 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg 照片-0714_副本.jpg (120.6 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg 照片-0719_副本.jpg (153.1 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg 照片-0706_副本.jpg (146.4 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by cepex; Apr 3rd, 2011 at 19:51.
cepex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cepex For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 22:25   #2
Teejay1
Master Member

Looking good congratulations
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 13:21   #3
Brodick
Master Member

Doesn't look as dark as I thought Inscription silver would. But I like it.

Very Nice
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brodick For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:44   #4
Jazx83

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepex View Post
my new xc60 electric silver
Does that leather fob cover come with all keys? Or is that an accessory?
2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design AWD / Cosmic White Metallic / Off Black Smooth Leather w/ Beige Inlay / Polestar Performance Upgrade / Technology / Multimedia / Climate / Convenience / Park Assist Camera, Front Blind View/ BLIS / PCC
Jazx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 17:47   #5
cepex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazx83 View Post
Does that leather fob cover come with all keys? Or is that an accessory?
that is an accessory, i bought it from internet,but not from volvo company website

Last edited by cepex; Apr 6th, 2011 at 17:51.
cepex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 18:06   #6
Jazx83

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepex View Post
that is an accessory, i bought it from internet,but not from volvo company website
Can you post the link on where I can find it?
Thanks
2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design AWD / Cosmic White Metallic / Off Black Smooth Leather w/ Beige Inlay / Polestar Performance Upgrade / Technology / Multimedia / Climate / Convenience / Park Assist Camera, Front Blind View/ BLIS / PCC
Jazx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 17:59   #7
XC60MY12
Country Member

Looks fab. Ordered mine yesterday with black interior. Can't wait!
XC60MY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 23:16   #8
paulxc60

Default ..and now my XC60

save starting another thread...

Finally, my turn to receive new toy! Ordered back on the 5th Feb. Got my SE Lux Premium on friday from Snows of Winchester.

Initial thoughts driving it away from dealer..

- Super to drive, smooth quiet and plenty of power.

- Really pleased with colour choice - Inscription Silver. More grey than the silver they also do. I was trading in a V70 in silver and this is better to look at.

- Caved in and went for the supaguard (offered at 279 down from 349). A total mug of course, but thought if dont get the chance at weekend to put the Klasse sealant on that i'd got at least it would have a seal. The prep and valet though was really poor. Wax residue everywhere and even inside on the door there was white powder residude and marks on the metal trim. Grubby hand prints. Smears on the screen and mirrors. Really poor. Salesman tried to clean it up a bit but it needs a bit of a vacuum. Salesman blaims the cheap contract valeters they have in and this just confirms comments from others about the whole supaguard stuff. For the money you pay - some poor sap paid penuts slaps it all on as fast as pos. Better to do the job your self and save a packet. Oh well - live and learn.

- Obviously not read the manual at this point - but the Sensus was just plain awkward and crashed/hung (probably due to too much button prodding trying to get next track to play on ipod!) It shouldn't crash at all though ! Car controls need to be rock solid.

- Manage to turn heated seat on full on way home - but the screen did not show it was on. No matter what i did i could not get the screen to show that the seat was on. Arse getting a toasting and i couldn't tell when prodding the heater button where the setting currently was. A simple LED would solve that one - I notice they had it on the Pod'd versions. All well and good putting feedback on the main LCD panel but if the sensus is not in the right mode or has crashed you've had it.

- Brief stop at girlfriends house to load some stuff and first issue with the cool but flawed power tailgate. I had it open to load - had forgotton to clsoe it and started to reverse (just a few feet). Realised it was open, so stopped. pressed button inside to close it - no action. Got out to press button on the hatch itself, no action. I recall talk here that it does this safety thing and locks up if the car has moved (how can this be a safety thing!) so turned engine off, got out. Back in, engine on, press button but it wont close. Press button on hatch, still wont close. So just had to force it closed. Probably my fault i expect as i've not read any manuals still - but its not what i would call intuitive.

Well - done 80 miles driving around Portmsouth (taking parents on new car trip..) and its well liked by all. I know its a bit shallow, but its nice when even the neigbours come round and comment on good it looks. Its quite a handsome car.

Just had time to sit in car for a hour playing some more. Impressed that it plays DVDs - might come in handy when we go camping and it rains. The remote control for the media player though is just rubbish. Nice to look and hold but either doesn't operate or does things at random. I can see that will just sit in glove box.

Other observations

- Have the keyless option which is pretty cool but takes some getting used to. I do miss being able to pull the key out as on my v70 and you know everything is off. Not the same on this. The tv display does off when i then get out the car and close door but i can imagine falling into this flat battery problem others have had.

- Bluetooth phone intergration works just great. Paired up with my Google Nexus S. All the phone book contacts are pulled through and displayed on screen which is impressive. Voice control of phone a bit cumbersone - particularly if more than one phone number assigned to a contact (ie home and mobile) but thats not a complaint.

- The bluetooth streaming music from phone not quite working. Need to google that one to find out why. What the car did manage to do was start the media player on my phone and it then played the music through the phones speaker. Not an issue though - the ipod integration seems to work great - if a bit slow at times.

- Manage to crash / hang the sensus interface a few times. Whilst playing an music track from the USB stick i was pressing other buttons - can't remember which now - but the screen just stuck on the playing track x display. MyCar, Media, Radio - all do nothing when pressed. Not acceptable really to have the cars primary human interface hang / crash under any circumstance.

- Certain music tracks rattle the speaker grille on the centre dash. Not particularly bassey notes - i was listening to some celtic music a and it was making a terrible noise. Press it slightly and all ok. Guess dealer can sort that.

- Haven't really tried the navigation yet, as the voice recognition failed no matter how clear i spoke. Have been through the voice training so will come back to this one another time. Tom Tom in the boot just incase.

Overall, not impressed with the flakey software that is Sensus. Too many functions under sensus control so your stuffed when it hangs. But the car - very happy. Looking forward to some long journeys in it.

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xc60 SE Lux - Inscription Silver.jpg (294.1 KB, 54 views)
paulxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulxc60 For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:16   #9
renezzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulxc60 View Post

Finally, my turn to receive new toy!.....
Overall, not impressed with the flakey software that is Sensus. Too many functions under sensus control so your stuffed when it hangs. But the car - very happy. Looking forward to some long journeys in it.

Paul
Congratulations with your new XC60!

Do you have the new model year 2012?
Just wondering if anybody here already got a MY2012.

I'm awaiting a D5 also with gadgets like sensus, tailgate etc...
Have to be patient for another couple of months!

The software in this car (read "control system") is worrying me a bit. The issues you've described I recognize in my current BMW as well. Many car manufacturers have this problem. Loads of software, not properly tested. Missing or not well implemented functionality. One can make the most beautiful control systems in software, however one can make crap as well.

A friend of mine bought a brand new Alfa with the "Blue & Me" system. He could not get his Iphone to work with the car. One of the main reasons he bought this car (I know, never buy a car which goes with you phone). Alfa stated they have the perfect integration with the Iphone. To many bugs, missing functionality etc...

I suppose the issues you mentioned are not critical for the use of the car, however I expect better quality and usability. It would be nice if Volvo could make a track and trace bug report system for their clients.

Anyway, enjoy your car!

Cheers,

Rene
renezzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 09:16   #10
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulxc60 View Post
save starting another thread...
- Obviously not read the manual at this point - but the Sensus was just plain awkward and crashed/hung (probably due to too much button prodding trying to get next track to play on ipod!) It shouldn't crash at all though ! Car controls need to be rock solid.
Just had time to sit in car for a hour playing some more. Impressed that it plays DVDs - might come in handy when we go camping and it rains. The remote control for the media player though is just rubbish. Nice to look and hold but either doesn't operate or does things at random. I can see that will just sit in glove box.
Paul
What I find is that the system is slow to respond and can take several attempts to get it to do something. However, I am getting the impression that it works ok if you use the controls in a particular manner - the problem is working out what that manner is.
Two comments about the remote control. Firstly using it can crash the system. Secondly, you need to point it fairly directly at the receiver unit to get it to work reliably.
A bit of a disappointing aspect of the car. The sound delivered by the system is excellent though.