Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 Car Towbar wanted

Views : 2373

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2017, 16:03   #21
Nicholas Lewin
newish member

All very odd Rhys & Stephen and I can only apologise if it's my fault. The weird bit is that I called you (Rhys) back last weekend, sent txts and then finally spoke to someone who said that you weren't interested any more as you'd got a tow bar! So I was a bit put-out too because I thought that the person I was communicating with was you! No worries - let's try again

Like you Rhys I am a new member - I cannot yet send you a private message on this forum. That doesn't help

To clarify:

The towbar that I have is a swing away bar which has been used on a 240 estate. Altho I am told that it is a genuine Volvo product, I think that it is an after market tow bar. It does fit to a 1991 car with no modifications required other than to the valance (depending on your car). The valance on my car had been cut to accommodate the towbar and the valance has now had the hole made good. Finding an unadulterated valance is tricky as so many 240s had a tow hitch

It's in SW London. Postage is going to be expensive due to weight and size. Some form of collection arrangement would be better

my mobile # is 07971 808366 - pls call or txt and we'll see if we can't sort this out straightforwardly

Once again, really puzzled what happened re earlier comms. Certainly not deliberate on my part

Nick
Nicholas Lewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 05:43   #22
Rhys Nolan

Sorry Nicholas, I have had no calls from you at all. I have no idea who you spoke to, but not on my phone. Did it end in 750?
Rhys Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 12:32   #23
Nicholas Lewin
newish member

Hi Rhys

This is surreal. Please call me or text me on 07971 808366 and I can a) tell you about the towbar if you are still interested and b) explain to you what I think has happened

I am heartily puzzled like you. Also like you I still cannot PM which doesn't help. As I delete data on my phone I can't tell you what number I texted/called I'm afraid

Sorry that this is confusing - it's frustrating for me too as I am not in the business of messing people around - and it could be quickly resolved through a phonecall if you have the time/are still interested in the towbar

I await to hear from you Rhys

All the best

Nick
Nicholas Lewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 15:13   #24
c_lee
VOC26332

Arrow

There is facility on site for you to get your post count raised so that both of you will be able to PM.

It is raised at the discretion of the site admin.

See:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99800

Colin
The Following User Says Thank You to c_lee For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 21:55   #25
Rhys Nolan

Bizarre while I understand the need to restrict I feel that 30+ is a bit much causing frustration and miscommunications. Nicholas, I will be in touch as requested.
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 05:42   #26
Rhys Nolan

Another random post to bring up the count.