Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 603720

Replies : 2692

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2016, 15:34   #1221
tem
Premier Member

Default EGR "Fix" ?

On my way home from Italy and thinking that all was going well since getting the "Fix" and on the A720, Edinburgh bypass, the Engine Check Warning light has come back on.
It is approximately 2400 miles since having the work done and it is probably another Oxygen Sensor problem.
Will call into Inverness on final leg home tomorrow and get car plugged in to confirm.
Cannot wait until October, when car goes.

The real plus since getting the "Fix", the mpg has improved.
Will try a separate post on this, if I can upload from my iPad.

tem.
Old Jun 9th, 2016, 15:51   #1222
tem
Premier Member

Default Mpg,

On my way to Italy, I managed 62.8 mpg, in very heavy traffic through Germany and Austria, plus the weather was very bad, thunderstorms and flooded roads.
The attachment is what has been achieved so far, on the way home.
Still another 224 miles to go.

This is the third time that I have done this trip with current V60 and have never had this mpg return before.
Is it down to the EGR "Fix"?

Problem getting iPad aligned to take photograph.

tem.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/attach...1&d=1465483284
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (82.9 KB, 53 views)
Old Jun 17th, 2016, 17:34   #1223
Spitfire4
Master Member

Just wondering if those for whom the turtle tolls, if you noticed the car was stuttering before the appearance?

Twice mine has sort of coughed and the fire nearly went out but got going again, I just wondered if this is the start?

Mick
Old Jun 17th, 2016, 18:03   #1224
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Not on the occasions it happened to me. Others experiences may be different.
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:47   #1225
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire4 View Post
Just wondering if those for whom the turtle tolls, if you noticed the car was stuttering before the appearance?

Twice mine has sort of coughed and the fire nearly went out but got going again, I just wondered if this is the start?

Mick
I have the dreaded turtle appear this morning No sign of any stuttering - we arrived back from a 1700 mile round trip to France last Friday where the car performed effortlessly.

I have done 9700 miles in 19 months, and must admit that with my low mileage was expecting this to happen well before now.

Volvo Assistance are on their way - I will report on the outcome of their visit, although it does sound as though they are going to recover the car to my Dealer.
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 14:20   #1226
MrBell31

Ok just been looking this problem all you are having about the EGR and oxygen sensor failing. Is this for the new 2ltr engine or the old d4 2.4 diesel one?
MrBell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 14:55   #1227
Harvey1512
Premier Member

New D4, not the old ones.
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 17:31   #1228
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
I have the dreaded turtle appear this morning No sign of any stuttering - we arrived back from a 1700 mile round trip to France last Friday where the car performed effortlessly.

I have done 9700 miles in 19 months, and must admit that with my low mileage was expecting this to happen well before now.

Volvo Assistance are on their way - I will report on the outcome of their visit, although it does sound as though they are going to recover the car to my Dealer.
Car taken away on low loader to Dealer at lunch time & I now have a 16 plate Kia Sportage for 3 days.

Volvo Assistance have been excellent.
Old Jun 23rd, 2016, 06:50   #1229
Marc01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
Car taken away on low loader to Dealer at lunch time & I now have a 16 plate Kia Sportage for 3 days.

Volvo Assistance have been excellent.
Wait What! Volvo assistance flatly refused to pick up or attend my vehicle! It's been an absolute nightmare this time around and I still haven't got my car sorted it's taken nearly a month this time round to get my car booked in and loan car sorted. It's due in next week.

Every previous occasion Volvo assist has been fantastic. On this occasion they told me they no longer attend Volvos with the D4 and check engine light only advise the owner to book it in. Unless it is completely undrivable.
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2016, 07:24   #1230
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc01 View Post
Wait What! Volvo assistance flatly refused to pick up or attend my vehicle! It's been an absolute nightmare this time around and I still haven't got my car sorted it's taken nearly a month this time round to get my car booked in and loan car sorted. It's due in next week.

Every previous occasion Volvo assist has been fantastic. On this occasion they told me they no longer attend Volvos with the D4 and check engine light only advise the owner to book it in. Unless it is completely undrivable.
I rang my Dealer first and they advised me to ring VA so that the fault codes could be checked.

I did this, and after a few minutes I had a call back from VA to check with me exactly what message was showing on the screen and they said that they would arrange for the low loader to come out and take the car to my Dealer.

Waiting now for the call from my Dealer to advise what the problem is and when it will be fixed.