Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > ETM Issues

Notices

ETM Issues Discuss issues regarding the problems with ETMs fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S80 2.4 petrol d4 170hp, no power

Views : 2982

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2019, 23:49   #1
Lepsa94

Exclamation S80 2.4 petrol d4 170hp, no power

Heya, I buy a Volvo S80 2.4petrol d4 the 170hp model... engine run good, gearbox change good.. but when I buy it I see the low power when you press all the accelerator pedal... I start to change spark plugs 5* MANN, oil filter MANN.. oil 5w-40 castrol... and I add a sport air filter... after all this I feel a few horses in plus... I drive very aggressively I don’t let te car to change in less of 4.000... maybe is my fault here... but few days ago the car start to lose power when I try to ask some adrenaline... and all the power disappeared, no pedal, no turbo... not more of 20mile/h and not more of 2.500 r/m and today this happen again but today she remain like that with no power... I try for more of few hours to understand where is the problem... but I don’t know... please help me.. I really like that car. Tack
Lepsa94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 21:02   #2
bkulcsar

Get the fault codes read, mate (with VIDA-dice).
And try to write like an adult. Otherwise nobody's gonna help you.
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 21:23   #3
Lepsa94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkulcsar View Post
Get the fault codes read, mate (with VIDA-dice).
And try to write like an adult. Otherwise nobody's gonna help you.
Throttled valve 3 error, 1 error on lambda sonde and 1 error on solenoid, now really i don’t know if lambda sonde and solenoid is a big problem, but the throttle I understand this is My problem, but my question is i find kit to repair it with 77£ and all the throttle valve with 124£ on eBay... and I don’t really know what to do, which one to take
Lepsa94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2019, 21:10   #4
Dippydog
Premier Member

Admittedly I'm guessing here but if by throttle valve you mean the throttle body then as far as I know a replacement would need coding to the car where the repair kit would mean you keep the original throttle body[just repaired with the kit]and so don't need it re-coding.Recoding would of course add to the cost.
As an aside[and I could be way wrong here]I thought the d4 was a diesel engine? but you state it's a petrol?
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acceleration pedal, engine 2.4, turbo issue, volvo s80