Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Yatour YTM 06 VOLSC

Views : 2146

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2019, 21:54   #21
SteveSarre
Premier Member

Robert DIY has a good video showing that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqGGY4yvEIU

at about 1:45

Steve
V70 2.5 Turbo AWD Auto 1998 Green, V70 2.5 10V Auto BiFuel 1999 Red (scrapped) V70 20v Auto 1999 Green (scrapped)
SteveSarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2019, 00:01   #22
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Many thanks Steve, I had a feeling the shelf was fixed from within the glovebox !
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2019, 11:56   #23
Goupil

Being on a tight budget, I didn't want to spend money in a yatour when I need to get more essential parts, so I'm messing around with arduino nano to see if I can build one for cheap (currently at 10 bucks invested
Goupil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2019, 17:12   #24
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Well boys being old Skool, doing the job slowly and steadily with The Prince, an hour has just passed and the Yatour is fitted on the under glove box shelf AND is fully operational

Went a bit professional and did the job with proper y b r electrical connectors, carefully crimped and bingo

PNUTT many thanks for mentioning the word Bluetooth. Got The Prince to show me what it is, he showed me how to link iplayer to my site radio so I could watch / listen to Glastonbury in the garden. Best bit is the iPad identity is " carolines iPad ".

Swear on my babies lives I paid for it !
Old Jul 30th, 2019, 13:27   #25
Bigfella666
Premier Member

PNUTT many thanks for your link - they were out of stock when I ordered the first one but now in stock - love it so much ordered one for Saffy

You have got me so teched up now I have Amazon Prime - and the second Yatour is coming tomorrow

Sorry no progress on Saffy, when cambelt changed will see if I can meet you at convenient time / location. Hope things good with you
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2020, 17:50   #26
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Nuts how yoo doing buddy ?

Just did a search re fitting a Yatour in Saffy only to see that 10 months ago I threatened to come up and see you !

Probably the only good thing to come out of C 19 is I have spent all of the past week under Saffy !

The penultimate poor running issue would you believe it - offside lower engine mount !!!! Discovered it looked fairly ropey when I started the cam belt and when I finally got the bolts undone and engine raised it fell apart in my hands !

I would have liked to have got the crankcase breather done in next few days but waiting on parts

All the best
Old Apr 15th, 2020, 18:31   #27
PNuT
MaDMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfella666 View Post
Nuts how yoo doing buddy ?

Just did a search re fitting a Yatour in Saffy only to see that 10 months ago I threatened to come up and see you !

Probably the only good thing to come out of C 19 is I have spent all of the past week under Saffy !

The penultimate poor running issue would you believe it - offside lower engine mount !!!! Discovered it looked fairly ropey when I started the cam belt and when I finally got the bolts undone and engine raised it fell apart in my hands !

I would have liked to have got the crankcase breather done in next few days but waiting on parts

All the best
All good here, work has been bonkers due to changes we have had to attempt to make due to social distancing as best as possible but I would prefer to have a bonkers job than be stuck at home!!

The s70T5 has been off the road for about six weeks as I am having some welding done on the exhaust and getting them to do it has proved difficult!!! My mum ran off with the C70 to france so we are now down to old faithful!

I have just been to have a look at a s80D5 2007 which is tempting but to be fair I would prefer another gas guzzler being a bit more of a petrol head

Other than all that all good
Old Apr 15th, 2020, 19:12   #28
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Well buddy if you get stuck Winston is surplus to requirements, rusty, trusty gone through 3 mots immediately past 3 years but as I warned on another thread she will prob require new handbrake shoes

New clutch, crank breather and you have a cracking mota
Old Apr 17th, 2020, 03:53   #29
PNuT
MaDMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfella666 View Post
Well buddy if you get stuck Winston is surplus to requirements, rusty, trusty gone through 3 mots immediately past 3 years but as I warned on another thread she will prob require new handbrake shoes

New clutch, crank breather and you have a cracking mota
Thanks for the offer, they are currently forcing me to drive a works truck! so cheap fuel & it has a bigger rear end than a Volvo!

Not my cup of tea for sure!