Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Norfolk Meet?

Views : 7607

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Who wants to meet up in Norfolk for a regular get together?
Count me in 14 82.35%
Sorry unable to 0 0%
Depends on the day 3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 08:47   #21
dan 244
Master Member

I have missed the Norwich meets so far, but would like to meet up, defiantly up for a holdens meet. Not sure which Volvo to take though one of the 244s, 940, or v50, will depend on the wether
dan 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 22:38   #22
mollusk
VOC Member

Holden motors were the Norwich dealers for many years and in the past always had a good rep. Whether the "new" Holdens will continue in the same vein only time will tell.

At least the offer to host a meet is there and we should give them a chance. (maybe some answers for Gillberry) If it goes ahead we will certainly support you from Suffolk & Essex and swell the numbers. So "get in there Rob"

Mollusk.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 23:28   #23
gillberry
VOC Member

but have you not noticed that Holdens have not come back to this yet or have thye already gone off the idea?

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
gillberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 00:05   #24
mollusk
VOC Member

True, so true.

Perhaps Holdens would like to comment ..?

Mollusk
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 16:01   #25
Rob.D
Captain Mainbearing

Question Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
Holden motors were the Norwich dealers for many years and in the past always had a good rep. Whether the "new" Holdens will continue in the same vein only time will tell.

At least the offer to host a meet is there and we should give them a chance. (maybe some answers for Gillberry) If it goes ahead we will certainly support you from Suffolk & Essex and swell the numbers. So "get in there Rob"

Mollusk.
Hi Mac,
Just for info's sake, I have been to see them, and to cut a long story short, have left the search as to who is responsible for getting in touch with us (here) to a Steve Tubby, who I believe is in charge of Volvo Sales. He thinks it might be their Marketing Dept. who made the initial contact, but as yet who knows?....

Just as an aside, and with reference to your comment re. Gilberry's unanswered questions? Going by the (as yet) very limited, and one has to say "mixed" response, I can't exactly blame Holdens if they have changed their minds! But it would be great to have all you Suffolk and Essex folk up here (to swell the numbers) for this one, if it happens!

Best Regards,
Rob.
'89 740 Estate, '82 240 Estate.
Rob.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 12:06   #26
HoldenMotors

Hello all, sorry for delay, I have been away for a few days, and now back to work. Reference Gillberry, sorry to hear about your issues, if you would to PM me I can get any issues sorted for you. Reference not being called back for Dunston Hall, again PM I would have been the contact for that, and I certainly had no missed messages, I ended up getting a P1800 from a wonderful chap a good 4 hours away. Reference a meet up here at Holdens, it will take a little organising, and as Rob says we would need some support from you guys, but I think it would be a good venue, very relevant, and we could make a day of it, to be honest working in a car dealership means I don't visit many car meet ups outside of here so I'm not entirely sure how they work, or how you would like them to work, but happy to take all your advice and suggestions if you think the idea has got legs.
HoldenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HoldenMotors For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 12:14   #27
HoldenMotors

And Hello Rob D, thanks for your message, made me giggle! I cannot reply to you directly only to administrator group? until I have posted more... I think... so direct message me kerry_grady@holdengroup.co.uk
HoldenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 12:17   #28
Rob.D
Captain Mainbearing

Smile Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenMotors View Post
Hello all, sorry for delay, I have been away for a few days, and now back to work. Reference Gillberry, sorry to hear about your issues, if you would to PM me I can get any issues sorted for you. Reference not being called back for Dunston Hall, again PM I would have been the contact for that, and I certainly had no missed messages, I ended up getting a P1800 from a wonderful chap a good 4 hours away. Reference a meet up here at Holdens, it will take a little organising, and as Rob says we would need some support from you guys, but I think it would be a good venue, very relevant, and we could make a day of it, to be honest working in a car dealership means I don't visit many car meet ups outside of here so I'm not entirely sure how they work, or how you would like them to work, but happy to take all your advice and suggestions if you think the idea has got legs.
Hi, er... Holden Motors (we still don't know who you are?)
Great stuff! I don't know about other folk, but I'm 100% behind this one! I am more than happy to drop-in and discuss the matter with you, and anything that I'm not sure about, I can call upon advice from the VOC further up the chain, so to speak.

Very Best Regards,
Rob.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 12:21   #29
Rob.D
Captain Mainbearing

Smile AH! Now We Know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenMotors View Post
And Hello Rob D, thanks for your message, made me giggle! I cannot reply to you directly only to administrator group? until I have posted more... I think... so direct message me kerry_grady@holdengroup.co.uk
Hi Kerry,
I believe you are in the Marketing Dept. Again, I would be happy to liase regards the Event. OK?

Cheers,
Rob
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 18:36   #30
flaggy
Master Member

Still up for bringing something, assume it will be a saturday cant make a week day, like most i suppose. september perhaps? Steve.
flaggy is offline   Reply With Quote