Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leased Vehicle & Volvo On Call

Views : 7659

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 24th, 2018, 06:41   #51
MidnightT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Volvo changed to Santander some years ago for their banking .. Maybe they have just simplified their finances with one Bank now .

I was just about to say this.

I lease through Volvo and payments to Santander. All my systems are active. VOC was the first system the dealer set up for me getting it.
Old Oct 25th, 2018, 20:43   #52
EYEBALL119

I had to call the dealer that my lease car originated form. My local dealer seemed confused when I rang them about it. After a bit of chatting and a few emails VOC was set up.

My vehicle is a lease, with finance provided by Santander. I didn’t opt for the maintenance.

A ridiculous stance from Lex Autoleasing... every car will be “connected” within the next few years. I’m not sure what they hope to gain from that - not happy customers!

Mercedes are currently making a HUGE deal about their “Alexa type” assistant. I assume Lex aren’t going to be selling Mercedes cars because that has to be one of the biggest selling points for the new cars! I assume the MD is busy still trying to tune in his analog TV.
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 21:59   #53
Parky12

Yep Santander an Volvo came up trumps and my VOC code arrived the day before my car was ready. As to the Lex situation with VOC that is no surprise, from what I hear from others
XC60 15MY 181 SE AWD Savile Grey (previous)
Parky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 20:14   #54
Capt109

My previous car was a Mercedes E Class, and the same issue is common with Lex and Mercedes.me.
Old Nov 9th, 2018, 17:17   #55
XC90Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by encroute View Post
Well!
Email yesterday, via Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, that Lex have issued a waiver for me to sign (That's virtually identical to the signed contract already in place), to enable the connected services!

In order to provide the very best possible service to our customers, Lex Autolease has taken the decision to opt out of any Connected Services technology which may conflict with the services we may offer as part of our contract.

You have requested permission to enable the Connected functionality on the aforementioned vehicle. As mentioned this is not normally permitted, however on this occasion we will allow the Connected Services to be enabled if you agree to indemnify Lex Autolease and hold us harmless for any loss, damage cost or expense that we may suffer as a result of us granting permission to use of the Connected Services

We also recommend that you read the vehicle manufacturer’s terms and conditions relating to the use of the connected services so that you are informed about any costs, use of data and potential risks.

Added to the fact that their marketing agency were twittering about Lex & Connected services: https://twitter.com/MilestoneOnline/...91468552179712

Let's hope I never have a serious issue with them...
Got an email from the leasing company that your car has been allotted VIN so I thought its a good time to raise the VOC issue since LEX doesn't allow it. I mentioned the possible breach of contract if they don't let me use the in car connected services & guess what I got a call today that Lex will allow in car connected services in all cars delivered Jan onwards. I am so glad that I pushed for an early Jan delivery.

Seems Lex had a lot of resentment from its customers and that's why they had a rethink. Well done Encroute
XC90Newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Newbee For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2018, 13:10   #56
johnboyuk

Oh man. Just signed up to the forum today as we signed our lease paperwork with Nationwide yesterday for a new XC90 Inscription Pro. Only found this thread by pure chance. Will be gutted if we can't use VOC.

I vaguely remember seeing on the FAQs that connected driver services wouldnt be connected but didn't think anything of it until I saw this!
johnboyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2018, 13:24   #57
johnboyuk

That'll teach me to post before reading properly...

So as Nationwide is using Lex and our XC90 will be delivered around Feb 19, we should be ok then if they are now allowing it on all cars?
johnboyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2018, 15:06   #58
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyuk View Post
Oh man. Just signed up to the forum today as we signed our lease paperwork with Nationwide yesterday for a new XC90 Inscription Pro. Only found this thread by pure chance. Will be gutted if we can't use VOC.

I vaguely remember seeing on the FAQs that connected driver services wouldnt be connected but didn't think anything of it until I saw this!
the above is different to ON-Call and will be operational with all the dealers very soon .
Old Nov 29th, 2018, 20:59   #59
S90
IT Guru

I lease with Arval, I say screw your lessor, they will never know, and not much they can do about it. Saying that, Arval have never imposed such restrictions, I even get to choose my tyres and simply pay the difference between their choice and mine!
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 10:25   #60
Lainie

we have a salary sacrifice car with Tusker and had no issue. I just contacted the supplying dealer and they activated it, didn't need to go through the leasing company at all.
Lainie is offline   Reply With Quote