Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Geely again

Views : 3231

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 1st, 2010, 12:54   #31
RCSH
G-BOAF

For your information this was taken from Volvo Portal, you would not be able to access it as you do not have a password or M number to access the site.

This is what we have been issued through Volvo Trucks, and every dealer has a copy of it. If you have any problems with information within this bulletin I suggest you take it up with Volvo Warwick's press officer 01926 414 210.

This was also issued at the time.

General questions regarding Geely’s acquisition of Volvo Cars

Will the acquisition imply any changes in the way Volvo Trucks operates regarding production of trucks or in the sales and service network?
• No. Volvo Trucks shares the brand with Volvo Cars, but Volvo Trucks is owned by the Volvo Group and we are not in the process of being bought by Geely. Our business or customer relations will not be affected by the acquisition.

Is the Volvo Group concerned about what will happen with its brand following Geely’s acquisition of VCC?
• Volvo is a highly valued brand known for its high quality products and outstanding customer satisfaction.
• Consideration for the brand is naturally important to us since Volvo Group shares this brand with Volvo Cars.
• However, the strong and distinct Volvo brand is precisely what makes Geely interested in conducting this transaction.
• Not managing the brand would be equivalent to destroying their own investment and it seems unreasonable that Geely would have any interest in doing that.

Does the Volvo Group not perceive any conflicts with a Chinese buyer of Volvo Cars?
• The automotive industry is global and the Volvo Group has long been a worldwide operation with customers in 180 countries. The Volvo Group is well aware that national borders play an increasingly insignificant role in the industry.
• The Volvo group presumes that regardless of who owns Volvo Cars, the said owner will want to foster its investment in the brand in partnership with us.
• The Volvo Group’s position is that the automotive industry is global and there are many factors that are far more crucial than the nationality of the new owner, such as which markets will be available to Volvo Cars.

How does Volvo Group specifically view the risks for its Brand when Geely gains control of Volvo Cars?
• The Volvo Group has always been careful about ensuring that all of its actions strengthen the Volvo brand; an area in which the company has been in consensus with Volvo Cars’ current owner – Ford.
• If Geely has acquired Volvo Cars to learn how to develop and manage strong brands, then it would unreasonable to harm its own investment.

But this agreement must control what they can label as Volvo – they could not, for example, begin to manufacture trucks and label them as Volvo trucks, could they?
• The agreement naturally includes stipulations regarding what the company can and cannot label as Volvo.
• Generally, it can be said that the agreement allows them to use the Volvo brand for vehicles up to a certain total weight limit and that we have the right to use the brand for other purposes.

Ford bought Volvo in 1999 - they lost the No2 postion to Toyota in 2007 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Motor_Company

There's always one that knows more about our company than the directors do.....

Last edited by RCSH; May 1st, 2010 at 13:45.
RCSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 22:00   #32
T240
Pure is Beautiful

There's always one that knows more about our company than the directors do.....[/QUOTE]

You are NOT a director of Volvo Trucks, so climb down from your high horse sonny.

And if you believe everything you read at Wikipedia you are more naive than I gave you credit for.

For you further delectation, I must inform you that I DO have a password, and hence have full access to the volvogroup.com website.
Do not assume that you know everything, especially about people you have never met nor spoken with - then again, by your tone and turn of phrase, I suspect you are the same vindictive little toad (renamed) who has attempted to attack me in the past. Forget it!

End of!

Last edited by T240; May 1st, 2010 at 23:27. Reason: addition
T240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:14   #33
RCSH
G-BOAF

No I'm not a director, they just issue the statements.

IF you have a logon, you would find all the relevant data under 'organisation and contacts', but as I suspect your a gob****e you probably can't see it.

As for 'attacking' you in the past, I haven't been on here long, and if other members are as pathetic as you, I won't be bothering being in here myself. You see, I have a life. Something you seem to be lacking.

Oh, and don't bother replying as I won't be coming back to read it. But your little ego means you will.

BYE!!!!!

Last edited by pettaw; May 2nd, 2010 at 07:27. Reason: Language
RCSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 14:22   #34
slimlavud

Hi
I have just returned from three weeks in China, researching and organising some conferences on automotive manufacturing, logistics and design - http://china.amsconferences.com

While there I visited the manufacturing head of Geely and several other senior managers there. I also hosted a designer's evening at the Beijing Auto Show where I talked with a few Geely designers.

The Geely private, non-company line is that they will immediately build a new plant in China to make Volvos - why would they do anything else anyway!?

On the design and development side, they say that they will leave Volvo design in Sweden - to: "preserve the character of the brand".

Privately and off the record some senior people told me that they will build an R & D centre in China very soon, followed by a design studio.

As one of the conferences I ran centred on the 'The New Chinese Design - the C-Factor', Chinese design is here to stay and will be big - and a big part of the Volvos of the future.

See: http://www.cardesignnews.com/site/ho...e4/item192895/

Sorry to interrupt your argument folks, carry on.
slimlavud is offline   Reply With Quote