Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Nice looking 244 DL on the bay!!

Views : 907

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2010, 12:38   #1
basoom

Default Nice looking 244 DL on the bay!!

Hi all

"nothing to do with me"

Found this on the bay, looks in good shape and a good buy for some one who is looking for a 244.
Like to the front grill and the fog lights.

Item number: 170525016760

regards
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 12:49   #2
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Spotted that one.

My only niggle with the listing is that the poster has repeated the failings of countless others by claiming "...The car not only looks like new, it drives the same, It is immaculate in every way, it drives like a new car...", and then goes on to list the faults "...bottom of the drivers side cill / rear wheel arch has a small amount of rust on it. There is a small cigarette burn on the drivers seat (picture provided) there is a very small patch of rust by the driver side wiper...".

The size of these faults is irrelevant, the fact that they are there stops it being "... like a new car...".

Oh yes, and its "sill".

Rant over.

Nice car for the age and worth every penny of £400!

Citizen Picky.
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 14:01   #3
smithysbarge

Thank god a fellow believer. Ebay descriptions are always worth a laught. Seem to be either full of contradictions like this or one pic of the car (usually with half of it missing) and virtually no text. Does help you sometimes but can be a leap in the dark !

Ahhhh.

smithysbarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 17:13   #4
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithysbarge View Post
Thank god a fellow believer. Ebay descriptions are always worth a laught. Seem to be either full of contradictions like this or one pic of the car (usually with half of it missing) and virtually no text. Does help you sometimes but can be a leap in the dark !

Ahhhh.
God, yes, I'm with you on the snaps; the number of people who seem to lack even the most basic of photographic skills is astonishing. I've seen any number of snaps such as you mention, plus dark shots, out of focus shots and the biggest sin of all, wrongly oriented snaps; I have no desire to turn myself through 90 degrees because some erk has no idea how to rotate his snaps! And camera phones! God, the vast majority of these are sh1te, with low resolution, plastic lenses and no optical zoom.

Before anyone starts having a pop at me for being a photo-snob, when YOU take a picture don't you check the quality before you show it to anyone else? I know I do, and I wouldn't dream of posting some of the disaster-area snaps I've seen posted.

C.A. (Yes Agfa, like the cameras.)
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 17:15   #5
Mike1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen.Agfa View Post
God, yes, I'm with you on the snaps; the number of people who seem to lack even the most basic of photographic skills is astonishing. I've seen any number of snaps such as you mention, plus dark shots, out of focus shots and the biggest sin of all, wrongly oriented snaps; I have no desire to turn myself through 90 degrees because some erk has no idea how to rotate his snaps! And camera phones! God, the vast majority of these are sh1te, with low resolution, plastic lenses and no optical zoom.

Before anyone starts having a pop at me for being a photo-snob, when YOU take a picture don't you check the quality before you show it to anyone else? I know I do, and I wouldn't dream of posting some of the disaster-area snaps I've seen posted.

C.A. (Yes Agfa, like the cameras.)
Hark at David Bailey ............ Nick you snob LOL ..

hehehe
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 18:25   #6
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
Hark at David Bailey ............ Nick you snob LOL ..

hehehe
As the ad went:-

"Jane Hunt? Who's she?"

Citizen Bailey.
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 17:50   #7
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Its back on the 'Bay again...

C.A.
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 18:51   #8
smithysbarge

And why do they park them uphill ()! Of course we know why they photograph them whilst still wet but if you want to sell as a 'premier' car replace that revolting number plate:

O and take the auction marks off the wing mirror.

smithysbarge is offline   Reply With Quote