Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 GLT estate 1987 for sale asap

Views : 823

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2010, 00:34   #1
BobN

Default 240 GLT estate 1987 for sale asap

Hi all. Any offers / interest or advice appreciated! - I'm new to this forum.

I need to sell asap my 1987 240 GLT estate. 188000 miles, manual, injection engine. 7 seater, alloy wheels. All electric windows and mirrors, central locking. Dark grey metallic.

I've had the car for the last 7 years and it's been a fantastic, utterly reliable family car - used daily, about 10k miles a year. No major issues. Last month new alternator and rear silencer. Last couple of years new starter motor, battery, rear shocks, mid exhaust pipe and box, n/s ball joint. The rear suspension bushes were renewed earlier. Well looked after and serviced (independent mechanic).

However it has a very short MOT - expires on 7th September. It will almost certainly need a new front exhaust pipe (currently gun gumed!) Front tyres good, rear ones low tread but should be o.k. for mot. I don't know of any other reasons it would fail but don't want to spend more money if I'm not keeping it.
Unfortunately it doesn't have the leather interior - this was in very bad shape and I replaced it with a good condition cloth one when we got the car.
Not working - rear wiper and heated seats, both I think are wiring faults. The body is sound but starting to get a bit untidy, some scratches and dull paint on the roof, and has had a small amount of welding underneath.

Reason for sale is simply that its too expensive on fuel to continue as an everyday / family car, and I've just bought an 850 diesel. In another life I'd love to keep it and restore it but ..............!

I have some pictures - will put them up as soon as I can work out how! I'm in Coventry. Reply here (or email me direct if prefered, normington.bob@gmail.com)

Thanks!

Bob
BobN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 17:31   #2
lyron
Premier Member

Talking

what sort of offers are you looking for,and pics would help,ron.
lyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 23:23   #3
BobN

Default re. 240 GLT estate 1987

Two photos here, more coming (trouble uploading!)

BobN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volvo 240 (1).jpg (330.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 240 (2).jpg (184.1 KB, 40 views)
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 00:16   #4
BobN

Default re 240 GLT estate 1987

... and sorry, forgot to say:
I'm looking for about £300, obviously open to offers - just don't want to scrap her!

(Its a 2.3 engine)

As an aside (and picking up on Simon's post), it does seem that 240's are like buses - not one around for ages, and then they come in two's! or even more in this case. Good luck to the others, I hope they all find a good home.

Bob
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 14:15   #5
matbat

Wish it was nearer payday, i'd love another 240

:-(
matbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 21:14   #6
BobN

Exclamation t5pete

t5pete - just seen your pm but I can't reply to you due to the forum rules. Please could you send me your email address? Thanks Bob