Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Latest RTI Version

Views : 10071

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 7th, 2008, 10:45   #1
monkeytronic

Default Latest RTI Version

Hi All,

I recently purchase a 53 plate MY 2004 XC90, and am trying to figure out what the most recent version of maps / software is for the RTI sat nav system.

I have had a search on the forums and there seems to be nothing conclusive and http://navi.volvocars.com never seems to work.

I'd like to get the maps updated if I can so any guidance would be greatfully received.

Current versions are as follows:

Sw version 00000924
Map version aeu_01_200202AC
Hw version 0030657981
Sw area EU

Have to say the information I've found on these forums was brilliant in helping me find what I think is a great car.

Also as an aside anyone got good feedback on the Dension Gateway 500. I know its been asked before, but I'm struggling with an iTrip at the moment, which to be frank is rubbish.

Thanks in advance

Stu
monkeytronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:40   #2
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytronic View Post
Hi All,

I recently purchase a 53 plate MY 2004 XC90, and am trying to figure out what the most recent version of maps / software is for the RTI sat nav system.

I have had a search on the forums and there seems to be nothing conclusive and http://navi.volvocars.com never seems to work.

I'd like to get the maps updated if I can so any guidance would be greatfully received.

Current versions are as follows:

Sw version 00000924
Map version aeu_01_200202AC
Hw version 0030657981
Sw area EU

Have to say the information I've found on these forums was brilliant in helping me find what I think is a great car.

Also as an aside anyone got good feedback on the Dension Gateway 500. I know its been asked before, but I'm struggling with an iTrip at the moment, which to be frank is rubbish.

Thanks in advance

Stu
As far as I can see, this is possibly the latest update for MY 2004.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-RTI-DVD-...d=p3286.c0.m14

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 13:11   #3
AB-UK
Premier Member

When I bought my '53 XC90 the Sat Nav had only one disk.
I upgraded to a new version which came on 3 disks.
I have found the original 1 disk version to be better.
My latest version cannot avoid the M25, and on a run from Birmingham to Cornwall it insisted (at great length) that I go onto the M50 from the M5.
Absurd - but Volvo UK said they were unable to reproduce this effect - no doubt they tried it in the lab and not on a field trip.

I travel frequently fom the East Mids to Dorset - my old system didn't use the M25, but the new one insists that I do. Volvo's suggestion to me was to manually plot the route in stages - using a map - so that the itinerary I eventually input avoids the M25.

How lame is that?

I pity foreign users who come to our country and don't know anything about the routes they want to use.
My Wife's NavMan is better, and friends I know use Tom Tom and Garmin which are also better.

Another point - at junctions and especially roundabouts, the Volvo system willtell you to "Take the 3rd exit", but these other systems I mentioned actually tell you where it takes you (Take the 3rd exit onto the A34) for example. This is much more helpful, especially at roundabouts which have spurious little exits - or indeed recently added ones.

When I buy another car, I won't be looking for the Volvo Sat Nav system, unless it has been substantially improved, possibly in partnership with the more capable and successful sat-nav companies.

Obviously, this is my opinion and a reflection of my experiences with the system - and each to his own of course.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 17:37   #4
monkeytronic

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I'll see how i get on.
monkeytronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 19:40   #5
Rufe
TRADER

Volvo were originally selling these RTI update disks for around £230 inc vat until very recently, but dropped the retail down to £179.99 inc vat.

Obviously i cant compete with the eBay advert above, thats an extremely low price in fairness.

I can post them out the same day for less than the retail price of course. (havent got exact price here to hand, but i think its around £160 approx, prob just under, including postage)

latest part number for your vehicle is: 31285374 update release 04.June.08

Information from volvo here -
http://www.volvocars.com/intl/salesa...008q2_DVD.aspx

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 16:17   #6
Monkey Boy

Lightbulb

Simon,

would that disc work with a 2005/05?

Marc
Monkey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 17:53   #7
RichardBB

Default Sat Nav version

Try
http://www.volvocars.com/intl/salesa...s/default.aspx
RichardBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichardBB For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 22:59   #8
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Ive a 2 month old xc90 with the sat nav and it's a VAST improvement over the system that was in my 04 plate s60!! Its got real time road traffic info but it does tend to go on a bit I have to admit!! Ive a TOM TOM too that i bought for a company vehicle and it seems to be comparable in its route selection.

Dunno if this version could be upgraded to the older models though. Perhaps some of the wiser members will be able to tell us.

Last edited by 4wheeldriver; Dec 15th, 2008 at 23:01.
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 12:17   #9
sajm27

Default Update DVD

The eBay link does not exist any longer. Does anybody have a newer link? or can someone get me a copy of the disk ? I have a 2005 XC90 ...

Kind Regards,
sajm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 14:38   #10
Dave©

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajm27 View Post
The eBay link does not exist any longer. Does anybody have a newer link? or can someone get me a copy of the disk ? I have a 2005 XC90 ...

Kind Regards,
I will burn you a copy if you send me a blank Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB disc. I have part number 31285374 from May 2008 in my 2005 XC90...
Dave© is offline   Reply With Quote