Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

threds closed !!!!!!!!

Views : 11666

Replies : 157

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:16   #11
Velorum
VOC Member

Have to agree with Chow on this one, overall the mods do a good job under difficult circumstances.

You cant please all of the people all of the time............

For those that feel upset or aggrieved by posts please remember that this is an internet forum and at the end of the day is of very little consequence. Dont like a thread? Dont look at it! Feel you have been slighted or have had the **** taken in some way? Smile/swear/have a drink and then move on..........

I have absolutely no problem with how anyone wants to respond to anything I post. I might respond, I might not. If its rude I might be rude back though Im just as likley to have another glass of wine and laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Pip pip old chaps..........
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Velorum For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:21   #12
Mike1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH View Post
Have to agree with Chow on this one, overall the mods do a good job under difficult circumstances.

You cant please all of the people all of the time............

For those that feel upset or aggrieved by posts please remember that this is an internet forum and at the end of the day is of very little consequence. Dont like a thread? Dont look at it! Feel you have been slighted or have had the **** taken in some way? Smile/swear/have a drink and then move on..........

I have absolutely no problem with how anyone wants to respond to anything I post. I might respond, I might not. If its rude I might be rude back though Im just as likley to have another glass of wine and laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Pip pip old chaps..........

What compete and utter rubbish .

OK sorry...........I'll get back to my book now Ian LOL .
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:25   #13
Velorum
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
What compete and utter rubbish .

OK sorry...........I'll get back to my book now Ian LOL .
Sorry, is this a 5 minute argument or the full hour one?

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:28   #14
migrator
Aye - him again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-1 View Post
mmmmmm i can see yer kinda missed the point realy !!!!!! sayin it how it is is one thing but bein blunt to the point of being offensive !!!! maby all just need to chill a little n think about others feelins a little
its human nature that not all will see eye to eye all the time but most will pull together if there is a prob or major injustice
somtimes stuff thats typed just dont get the point across as it would if face to face , so look at what yer put before posting it might just save closed n locked threds
I was winding up to post in the now closed thread but took some time out to write things down and read later (before actually posting). I find that a reasonable way to look at things from a fresher perspective and when not so hot under the collar.

The jist of the intended post was to say that I had found some of Chow's posts to be patronising and sexist. Like many others here I have used the parts 'front office' to access the parts available from the 'back office' (the breakers/dismantlers). I have found some of the 'back office' suppliers useful and helpful and others not so useful or helpful. Some were looking for a sale regardless of fit, others were up front about not having the correct part. I have even gone to some of the yards to buy and collect parts only to find that the parts were not there.

Now that the thread has been closed, it is disappointing to see that some of the posts have been left and some have been deleted. This gives a quite wrong impression of what went on. Either leave the whole thing there but locked or delete the whole thread. The repeat of Rule 1 here is helpful also.

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to migrator For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:32   #15
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:36   #16
Laney760
VOC Member

Lol, yes you can be sexist in a funny way thats fine, I just don't like it in a rude patronising way or sexual way on a predominately male forum

(my boss is an 81year old male millionaire and he uses a male handbag)

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL

Last edited by Laney760; Jan 5th, 2009 at 19:45.
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:37   #17
Mike1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH View Post
Sorry, is this a 5 minute argument or the full hour one?

Oh Im easy.............( dont tell everyone how easy ) ............as long as you like Ian LOL
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:38   #18
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunchukhamster View Post

Not sure about the orange one with your skin colouring, Hammy, but the rest are so you!

C.A.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:43   #19
Laney760
VOC Member

Just to blow away the typical male image of the female handbag, mine usually contains nuts, bolts, etc that look useful picked up from the pavement, bits of useful hardcore picked up along the way, also tools. Some of us have had to stand on our own two feet for a long time and do the man stuff ourselves...

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 19:43   #20
Velorum
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunchukhamster View Post

Matron, take them away.................