Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY2010 RTI vs MY2009 RTI

Views : 10371

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 11:42   #21
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davek100 View Post
Can someone please help. I have recently bought a new (unregistered) V70.

It is definately a 2009 model car, although I think it was built around Oct / Nov 2008.

In the Sat Nav info settings, it says that it is '2008 ver1'

I have taken this up with the dealer, who assures me that there are no other versions of the sat nav apart from what is now available on the 2010 model cars. They want £179.99 for that!

Does anyone know if the above sounds correct?

BTW - I cant find any free upgrade voucher anywhere !!
If you have just bought a new V70 MY2009 from a Volvo Dealership, you are entitled to the latest Sat Nav RTI software.

The latest update, which includes speed cameras for the V70 135 MY2008 onwards :- Volvo Part No 31285622

If you have problems with the Dealership, contact Volvo UK and explain that you have just bought a new V70, with out of date software. They will probably contact Dealership and authorise free update. I had to do this with XC90 that I bought.

Good luck.

tem.

Last edited by tem; Jul 8th, 2009 at 11:53. Reason: add text
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 18:45   #22
Trident

UPDATE for XC60 My09 RTI - I took the car to the dealers today and queried if I was eligable for the free RTI updates, all you MY2010 XC60 owners get.
None of the staff knew anything about the 'free updates' and it took the manager to go and look in the glovebox of his MY2010 XC60 where he found the two voucher tokens.

They were all surprised, but still could not tell me if I could get these for my MY09 model.

I did have a chat with the XC60 Techie guy who told me that there are two sets of discs - one set is the Software disc, (held by the garage) this updates the firmware to show 3d view, new icons etc.

The other disc set is the customer discs which hold the new map data, speed camera points etc.

He said that the new software only works with the new maps.
The new maps do work with the old software.
BUT you can't have new software with old maps.

The software is a free update from the dealer - but useless unless you have the new maps!

The dealer is going to speak to Volvo UK to find out what the real story is with these new RTI discs and firmware, and see if they can blag me an update free of charge. I'm not holding my breath.
Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 22:06   #23
shambly

Hmmm,

That is contrary to what the Navtec bulletin for the new maps implies which is that the MMI is automatically upgraded.

We only took delivery of our MY2009 XC60 a couple of weeks ago and Volvo UK have agreed to supply a copy of the latest 31285622AA discs to update 31285067AA that the car came with (as they were out of date when the car was supplied).

Waiting for my local dealer to notify me that they have arrived for collection and will report back when I have tried them.

Simon
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 09:08   #24
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambly View Post
Hmmm,

That is contrary to what the Navtec bulletin for the new maps implies which is that the MMI is automatically upgraded.

We only took delivery of our MY2009 XC60 a couple of weeks ago and Volvo UK have agreed to supply a copy of the latest 31285622AA discs to update 31285067AA that the car came with (as they were out of date when the car was supplied).

Waiting for my local dealer to notify me that they have arrived for collection and will report back when I have tried them.

Simon
The replacement discs (31285622AA) will work, 100%.
I loaded the DVD for the UK, France, etc and the system then goes through an update.
Takes a few minutes, to complete.

tem.
The Following User Says Thank You to tem For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 19:10   #25
shambly

Picked up the new discs this morning. As tem had said, on inserting the new map disc the satnav goes through an enforced software update and gets the new "look" (you either accept the update or eject the disc) including 3d map view. Update took about 15 minutes.

Best new feature IMHO is an optional timeout on the disclaimer screen
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 19:54   #26
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambly View Post
Best new feature IMHO is an optional timeout on the disclaimer screen
Can you please explain further, about this feature?
I feel that I am missing something.

Many thanks.

tem.
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 17:32   #27
shambly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Can you please explain further, about this feature?
I feel that I am missing something.

Many thanks.

tem.
You can set in the preferences so that it doesn't stay on the initial disclaimer screen indefinately on power up until you press a button...

Last edited by shambly; Jul 12th, 2009 at 17:32. Reason: typo
shambly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shambly For This Useful Post: