Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear park assist service required

Views : 50836

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 16th, 2010, 19:54   #11
NCS XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGear View Post

I have found part number 30765108 - anyone confirm for a MY05 this is correct? Seems to be!

David
That was the part number used on mine but it is a MY04.
Neil
NCS XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NCS XC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 20:36   #12
BestGear
Master Member

Hi Neil

There seems to be two numbers that cover 04 and 05, so, given the price, have bought one of each - sure I can sell the other!

David
BestGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 21:41   #13
NCS XC90

Just thinking, if you have the “park assist service” on all the time and assuming it will reset itself when you change the faulty sensor all you have to do is change one at a time. If the warning goes off you know you have the right sensor. You have to take the back bumper off which is not as hard as it sounds. There is no way of changing them without removing the bumper. However do not leave the ignition on whilst changing the sensors or having anything else disconnected. This is likely to lead the “park assist service” not re-setting itself and the need to connect to the Volvo system (or buying a reset tool to do it yourself). This is probably were I went wrong. I ended up changing all the sensors just because I got them cheap.
Good luck.
Neil
The Following User Says Thank You to NCS XC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:35   #14
BestGear
Master Member

Thanks for the reply.

I am dissapointed that the bumper has to come off - I hoped that when up on the ramp I could get my hand upt o change them,.... as you say, one by one.

How do they fit in (not having received them yet to see myself) - are they a push/twist fit?

I have a tow bar to fit so I guess i could do that at the same time.. I was delaying fitting the bar so that I could get the asist fixed first and not introduce another variable if I have trouble.

If it does not reset itself, I will buy a DICE interface - sure there will be many other instances where I will need it for coding or other diags.

Davi
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:46   #15
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

If it does not reset itself, I will buy a DICE interface - sure there will be many other instances where I will need it for coding or other diags.

Davi
Don't they cost £500 plus?
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 20:41   #16
BestGear
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Hi

Various versions from original to clone... and some in between!

Worth it really, given high dealer costs, and you can sell it later and not make much loss.... if you get out of a Volvo....and if you dont, you just save more money...

And... I am sure I would develop a new, wider set of friends.... ;-))

David
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 22:15   #17
NCS XC90

Quote:

I am dissapointed that the bumper has to come off - I hoped that when up on the ramp I could get my hand upt o change them,.... as you say, one by one.

Davi
Hi again, that was my hope as well. There is a cover over them and you need to have the bumper off to get this cover off.

I hope this next but works and is helpful, I have tried to attach a link to the fitting instructions for the parking assist system. I know you are not fitting the full system but you can see how the bumper is removed and how the sensors are fitted which may be useful.

http://vccs.volvocars.se/Accessories...1/XC90,%202004

The sensors themselves push fit, with clips that hold them which snap into place once the sensors are in far enough. You prise these clips back when you remove the sensors (you will instinctively know when you see then yourself). It’s a fairly straight forward process, took me about 3hrs but it would only take me half that if I were to do it again.

Neil
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 22:30   #18
NCS XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Quote:

Davi
A DICE is a diagnostic tool and reset tool? Sorry not familiar with the term. I have also been considering getting one of these and will do so if and when I need one. I have been looking at a “BSR PPC Volvo Diagnostics Tool”. If you google this it ill take you to some sales sites. Look quite good and quite cheap. I guess they only work on Volvo’s but from what I hear a lot of generic tools don’t work on Volvo’s so buy specific tools may be needed anyway.
Neil
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 23:20   #19
BestGear
Master Member

Hi Neil

The DICE interface is the Volvo dealer interface (or older VCT2000) used with VADIS which you will have seen on ebay....

It gives the full dealer level diags and coding functionality...this is not just OBD, but full dealer diags and config.

There is a new toyota/honda/volvo combind interface that emulates a DICE, but I am currently establishing how close a relative to DICE it really is....

I am surprisedthat more folks on here do not posses one... but thats down to the "ownership profile" again (tounge in cheek guys!).

David
The Following User Says Thank You to BestGear For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 09:51   #20
NCS XC90

Quote:
Hi Neil

The DICE interface is the Volvo dealer interface (or older VCT2000) used with VADIS which you will have seen on ebay....

It gives the full dealer level diags and coding functionality...this is not just OBD, but full dealer diags and config.

There is a new toyota/honda/volvo combind interface that emulates a DICE, but I am currently establishing how close a relative to DICE it really is....

I am surprisedthat more folks on here do not posses one... but thats down to the "ownership profile" again (tounge in cheek guys!).

David

Thanks that now makes sense. I was aware of VADIS and knew it was replaced but never heard of DICE. Let me know how you get on. I think the profile is slowly changing as the cars get older with more hand on people getting involved. Not always good as these seem to be quite complicated cars. This section of the forum is certainly more "lively" than a year or so ago which I think reflects this.
Neil