Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help - Sentinel Volvo delaership

Views : 2230

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 16th, 2023, 11:59   #11
shamek

Default senitnel cars

we will try with bank to see if they can help us.
In the meantime we've tried contacting with sentinel cars volvo again and it's the same - when calling in, Management is never available and no respond to any emails as well. Very poor customer service, it appears that they are desperate to keep the money despite the fact that we've cancelled the purchase and did not collect the car at all. If someone would describe this situation to me i would say that it's impossible - difficult to imagine that a car dealership can behave like this, avoid the at all cost
I've looked into their reviews and looks like most of them are fake, when i've posted a review(tried that few times) it did not appear on the web - tried with 2 different reviews companies and result is the same - looks like sentinel cars is making sure that You can only se 4/5 stars reviews not the real ones
shamek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2023, 15:01   #12
Moose Test
Master Member

Firstly, I'm sorry that this has happened to you, it's one of the nightmare scenarios for all used car purchasers. However, you need to take matters into your own hands, rather than rely on ombudsmen et al.

Forget your bank, for now at least. They'll have little motivation to be involved and even if they do, their liability (if any) will be limited to your deposit. You still have the very serious matter of a significant outstanding finance agreement, which is now not actually secured as it should be. The bank can be involved later, as needed, such as if the dealership proves to be unable to return your deposit i.e insolvency.

Go see a lawyer and take legal advice. Maybe, have them write a letter to the dealer to make it clear that you will take legal action against them, and have the finance company copied. Yes, it will cost you something but ultimately, those costs are fully recoverable in a small claims action.

The longer this situation goes on, the worse it will get.

Last edited by Moose Test; Aug 16th, 2023 at 15:04.
Moose Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2023, 18:06   #13
shamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
Firstly, I'm sorry that this has happened to you, it's one of the nightmare scenarios for all used car purchasers. However, you need to take matters into your own hands, rather than rely on ombudsmen et al.

Forget your bank, for now at least. They'll have little motivation to be involved and even if they do, their liability (if any) will be limited to your deposit. You still have the very serious matter of a significant outstanding finance agreement, which is now not actually secured as it should be. The bank can be involved later, as needed, such as if the dealership proves to be unable to return your deposit i.e insolvency.

Go see a lawyer and take legal advice. Maybe, have them write a letter to the dealer to make it clear that you will take legal action against them, and have the finance company copied. Yes, it will cost you something but ultimately, those costs are fully recoverable in a small claims action.

The longer this situation goes on, the worse it will get.
Thank You for Your replay

I totally agree with You and that was my next course of action to find a lawyer and start with a letter to Sentinel cars, i think that it might end up in court unfortunately.
shamek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2024, 22:44   #14
Gen_Billy

As of Monday - Sentinel is out of business. Alot of angry customers/staff. I am one of them. If someone knows anyone or has a group that we can all talk/plan and find a way to get our money back please let us all know. FCA route? ?
Gen_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 13:18   #15
BrianFarnet

I too have had a nightmare with Sentinel.

I flipped my old volvo in June 2023 as my original 4 year term was coming to an end. They were a bit slack getting my new car to me but got it eventually.

When doing my quarterly accounts I noticed that 2 payments had been coming out monthly, the original payment for my old car and the new payment for the new one. I contacted Santander, who were financing both deals, and they told me that Sentinel had not settled the accounts for my old car. I contacted Sentinel imediately and asked them why they hadn't settled and was told that they had and it must be some clerical error. They also told me Santander were very difficult to deal with and had since ceased using them to finance. I was advised not to cancel the original DD and that they would fix the problem.

Nine months later and after many calls and emails, the majority of which were ignored, plus visiting in person, the situation is still unresolved. I have had 2 payments come out each month and now Santander want the £10k final settlement figure for the original car. I complained to Santander but they found that I am liable for everything. I have since complained to the financial ombudsmen.

This week I discovered that Sentinel have locked their doors to all their staff. I am unsure what to do next other than to wait to hear what the ombudsmen have to say. All seems pretty criminal in my eyes and has caused me an unbeleivable ammount of stress.
BrianFarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 14:18   #16
Whippy
Premier Member

Sorry to hear that, it sounds suspiciously like fraud, straight forward fraud. I would be reporting it as such to the authorities. In your place I would have spoken to my solicitor as well.
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 11:52   #17
BrianFarnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Billy View Post
As of Monday - Sentinel is out of business. Alot of angry customers/staff. I am one of them. If someone knows anyone or has a group that we can all talk/plan and find a way to get our money back please let us all know. FCA route? ?
Hi Gen Billy. I got your PM but I am new here so can’t reply. I have tried to contact you but your details don’t work. Please PM me again
BrianFarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 19:13   #18
Gen_Billy

Sentinel Cars are in adminstration.

Last edited by Gen_Billy; Feb 21st, 2024 at 19:57.
Gen_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 06:57   #19
mannyo1221

This is now on their website.

""Paul Zalkinand Andrew Hosking of Quantuma Advisory Ltd were appointed as Joint Administrators of Brymo Ltd trading as: Sentinal on 19 February 2024.

The Company has now ceased trading and the premises are closed.

The affairs, business and property of Brymo Ltd (in Administration) are managed by the Joint Administrators, who act as agents of the Company and contract without personal liability.

Please direct any queries to the Joint Administrators by e-mail at brymo@quantuma.com.""
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 13:57   #20
Moose Test
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
it sounds suspiciously like fraud, straight forward fraud. I would be reporting it as such to the authorities.
As would I. Anyone caught up in this should seek professional legal advice asap but I wouldn't hesitate to report it the National Fraud Reporting Centre too: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Those behind these companies have a habit of wriggling off the hook via insolvency, only to reemerge and start again under a new company. Best-case scenario, you might be able to prevent them from holding directorships again or better yet, score them a little jail time.