Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MTE Remap

Views : 14833

Replies : 58

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2012, 10:57   #21
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Aftermarket software & Volvo warranties.

Volvo dealers can only honour the warranty on any car where a Polestar software upgrade has been fitted.

No Volvo dealer anywhere can officially or honestly initiate a warranty claim where other than genuine Volvo or Polestar software is present.

Any UK dealer who says otherwise is downright dishonest and prepared to rip off Volvo and of course dishonestly mislead an owner. Volvo UK in Marlow should be told where such matters have been raised.

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 20:34   #22
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordieboy5 View Post
Hi there
I am interested to know how you are getting on with the upgrade after having had it done for some time now. I have a d5 Sport and want to get a remap done. RICA and MTE being the ones of choice. RICA have the advantage of not having to pay for a failure to a car and as Volvo fit them I keep my warranty with them!!!!

I get 29mpg, thats fast motorway and B roads driving with my Geartronic and I want to keep that fuel economy!!!

I would be grateful if you could give me an update as to how you are getting on.

Cheers!
Hi Geordieboy5,

I've not looked back since having it done. I was getting around 25 mpg before - mixture of town and A road work. I've got a bit of a lead foot, and it dropped to around 22 mpg as i tend to use the torque around the 2-3k rpm. Coincidently though, the last fill i did took it back to 25mpg, so i'm not sure if the recent mild weather, or garages switching from Winter to Summer fuel has done that, so i'm going to keep my eye on it and will report back.

A Q7 tdi couldn't get past me today, when accelerating up a hill. He was up my ar5e leaving a roundabout onto uphill dual carriageway section, and i managed to outpull him up the hill when he was in the overtaking lane, so i'm pleased with how its going.

I haven't done a 0-60 yet, but hopefully will over the next couple of months.

For the past 3 years i've always used Sainsburys fuel - as i stick Super unleaded in my T5 and found it runs a lot better than Tesco/Esso and the only fuel that it runs better on it Shell Optimax. So as i was happy with the Super Unleaded, i continued to fill the XC90 there. In the panic buy last week, my local Sainsburys had run out, and just by chance i was running on fumes and called into the Local shell garage and amazingly it seems to be running better, and thats only 3/4 tank so far, so i'll report back soon with the mpg on that.

Touch wood, no mechanical problems. Would i get it done again? Definately, i'm trying to decide whether to get my T5 mapped, or change it to a D5 and get that done.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 07:49   #23
Geordieboy5

Default Top Bloke

Many Thanks for the review. I truly appreciate it. MTE it is then. I am quite a conservative driver, as my 29mpg shows. I know I can get better once I know how to use the Auto Box. On my Daily commute, I have 4 passing places. There are 4 different drivers that sit over the steering wheel doing 35-40mph and we end up getting large tailbacks. That is where I want the OOMPH! I have to admit, Outpulling a Q7 is no mean feat. I know my pals is far quicker than my D5. 370Ft/lbs of torque on the Q7 is quite a lot!!!!!!!

Thanks again for that. The Guy at MTE is very straight talking and said I should see a little improvement in mpg, which I would tend co concur with, unless I boot it!

Looking forward to getting it done.

Thanks again mate. If it can beat a Q7 then I am looking forward to it!

Cheers
Geordieboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 08:52   #24
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks again mate. If it can beat a Q7 then I am looking forward to it!

Cheers

Report back if it's true
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 14:29   #25
The Painter

[QUOTE=StuT4;1134605]Hi Geordieboy5,

I've not looked back since having it done. I was getting around 25 mpg before - mixture of town and A road work. I've got a bit of a lead foot, and it dropped to around 22 mpg as i tend to use the torque around the 2-3k rpm. Coincidently though, the last fill i did took it back to 25mpg, so i'm not sure if the recent mild weather, or garages switching from Winter to Summer fuel has done that, so i'm going to keep my eye on it and will report back.

A Q7 tdi couldn't get past me today, when accelerating up a hill. He was up my ar5e leaving a roundabout onto uphill dual carriageway section, and i managed to outpull him up the hill when he was in the overtaking lane, so i'm pleased with how its going.

I haven't done a 0-60 yet, but hopefully will over the next couple of months.

For the past 3 years i've always used Sainsburys fuel - as i stick Super unleaded in my T5 and found it runs a lot better than Tesco/Esso and the only fuel that it runs better on it Shell Optimax. So as i was happy with the Super Unleaded, i continued to fill the XC90 there. In the panic buy last week, my local Sainsburys had run out, and just by chance i was running on fumes and called into the Local shell garage and amazingly it seems to be running better, and thats only 3/4 tank so far, so i'll report back soon with the mpg on that.

Touch wood, no mechanical problems. Would i get it done again? Definately, i'm trying to decide whether to get my T5 mapped, or change it to a D5 and get that done.
The Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 17:22   #26
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Outpulling a Q7 is no mean feat. I know my pals is far quicker than my D5. 370Ft/lbs of torque on the Q7 is quite a lot!!!!!!!

Cheers
the MTE map does 500+ nm of torque, and 220 bhp. Someone in the S60 forum i think was running at 550nm. The 500 nm equates to about 370-380ft/lbs so they are evenly matched and the XC90 kerbweight is about 100kg lighter. i just don't know how much the Q7 was trying, but gather as he was up my backside and in the overtaking lane, he was intending to overtake.

its limited to 400nm and 450 in 1st and 2nd gear, then 500+ in 3rd and up.

Last edited by Beavis; Apr 8th, 2012 at 17:23. Reason: additional content
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 19:38   #27
Beavis
Premier Member

just wanted to add it wasn't a standing start. the drag up the hill kicks in after a tight bend taken at about 25mph off the roundabout. - i'm not sure the XC90 would beat a Q7 from a standing start, as you still have the slight delay from standstill as that is relating to the gearbox setting not the ECU, but from 25-70ish the XC certainly didn't lose any ground.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beavis For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 12:44   #28
Geordieboy5

Default Standing Starts

Hi Stu4

Not really interested in Standing starts. I am going to have the car for the next 3 years so want to enjoy it. More Mid-range is where I want it for the overtake. The sloppy drive-off is a bad compromise from Volvo. I design gearboxes and other various car bits and you can build all this into the mechanicals of the gearbox. In my view, the D5 Transmission is compromised. Maybe the next one will have a newer engine and transmission that meets the Co2 requirements of these type of vehicles.

MTE it is for me.
Geordieboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 18:51   #29
The Painter

Quote:
Hi Stu4

Not really interested in Standing starts. I am going to have the car for the next 3 years so want to enjoy it. More Mid-range is where I want it for the overtake. The sloppy drive-off is a bad compromise from Volvo. I design gearboxes and other various car bits and you can build all this into the mechanicals of the gearbox. In my view, the D5 Transmission is compromised. Maybe the next one will have a newer engine and transmission that meets the Co2 requirements of these type of vehicles.

MTE it is for me.
As said many times before, the delay experienced by some owners is not a factory default and not on all D5's, my own XC has no delay at all and neither has the dealer demonstrator that I drove.
The Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Painter For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 19:19   #30
Blue693

Not on mine either......