Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear electric windows

Views : 838

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 17th, 2019, 21:10   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
I would tend to agree Dave but my car is getting more like Trigger's broom every day. I'd almost be as well having the whole car although that would definitely activate the divorce clause
Certain parts can be safely stashed away from SWMBO without her knowing though, as for Triggers Broom - look how long that lasted! Donkeys ears!

The divorce clause can be painful in many ways, sometimes safer all round to get a little bit more than she'd normally allow with the excuse that they're rare bits and yours are on the verge of breaking than try and get everything that might break some time in the next millennium!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 21:48   #12
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Certain parts can be safely stashed away from SWMBO without her knowing though, as for Triggers Broom - look how long that lasted! Donkeys ears!

The divorce clause can be painful in many ways, sometimes safer all round to get a little bit more than she'd normally allow with the excuse that they're rare bits and yours are on the verge of breaking than try and get everything that might break some time in the next millennium!
Complete interior and doorcards could be just about hidden in the back of my other car but another car could be slightly tricky

I had the complete exhaust system delivered to my office much to everyone's amusement. "One Piece at a time "
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 00:32   #13
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
another car could be slightly tricky
Hmmmmm, couple of options here Mark.

First, get your missus absolutely hand-carted on her favourite tipple and then have the spares car arrive. When she notices it, convince her she's still trollied and is seeing double.
When she sobers up enough for that to no longer be a viable option, tell her she agreed to it under the "affluence of incahol".

Probably not the best option as she might get inebriated again and remember she said no such thing last time she was three sheets to the wind and all hell will break loose.

A better option is the "storing it for a friend who has lost his storage" dodge. Of course, the friend doesn't exist except in your imagination but is paying you a fictitious fiver a week when you see him down the pub on a saturday night - obviously that fiver gets drunk during the evening.
Then after the initial fortnight, he asks for an extension on his use of your storage because the place he lined up to store it has just had a break-in and won't be renting out storage for a while, probably another month. Or two. That swiftly turns into three months or more.
By then, said imaginary friend has run out of alternative storage options and in recognition of your kindness allowing him to store it on your premises for the past 4+ months has said you can have the car for spares for yours.

You know your missus better than i do and will know if this has a chance of working! If not, it might give you an idea that will work...........

Don't know if you remember that old song about the guy who worked in a Cadillac factory but smuggled out the various parts to build a complete car that was a 47, 48, 49......59, 60, 61 Caddy? Your exhaust anecdote reminded me of that!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 22:49   #14
bob12
bob12

Yet another job that could be done ... put electric windows in the back end of 1990 745!! Have the parts in the breaker! Car is all wired up from factory .... except the mechanism and link wires/loom behind the door card/s rear and front door switches. The door cards already have knock-outs for the switches and just need a black plug where the winder is removed. Bob
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post: