Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Early bird catches the worm

Views : 2541

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 22:05   #1
Amazonjulian
Master Member

Default Early bird catches the worm

Early start yesterday morning and a quick scan of ebay showed a set of 5 5.5 J steel wheels- new old stock bought from a now defunct volvo dealership in the northwest some twenty or thirty years ago and almost unused. Well it had to be done. Anyway I'm not here to gloat but to say that the very nice guy I bought them from tells me he has the following if anyone is interested.

P1800 roof lining new with frame and clips at £185.00 inc delivery this is brand spanking new item.
If you are interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.
Amazonjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 22:19   #2
Faust
Master Member

I was looking at those wheels on Sat night... I've learnt the hard way not to buy stuff of ebay when I'm drunk though!

I was gonna hit BIN on Sunday as I was watching the F1 but I left if too long...

Ah well, had a good night in the pub instead!
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 22:34   #3
Amazonjulian
Master Member

I've done the beer and buy it now trick too. LOL
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 22:48   #4
Faust
Master Member

Enjoy your wheels... I'll keep saving for some Torq Thrusts instead!

I recall a thread on Pistonheads where a bloke bought a snow cat whilst drunk on the 'bay! Think he lived near London and the damn thing was in the far north of Scotland. Excellent drunken behavior!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faust For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 06:30   #5
Amazonjulian
Master Member

It's possible you may be interested in the wheels I'm taking off my Amazon. Originally they were chrome and came from a P1800. They resemble torque thrusts and I believe the original name was mangels estrella.They are now matt black with chrome trim rings. They are 6J and actually 14" rims but fitted with tyres with an appropriate profile so that the rolling radius is as it should be. The backspace is exactly as it should be and I've been running them for the past three years. There is a good depth of tread on all of the tyres but no centre caps. I'll just be hoping to cover the cost of some new tyres for my wide steels.
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 11:04   #6
Faust
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonjulian View Post
It's possible you may be interested in the wheels I'm taking off my Amazon. Originally they were chrome and came from a P1800. They resemble torque thrusts and I believe the original name was mangels estrella.They are now matt black with chrome trim rings. They are 6J and actually 14" rims but fitted with tyres with an appropriate profile so that the rolling radius is as it should be. The backspace is exactly as it should be and I've been running them for the past three years. There is a good depth of tread on all of the tyres but no centre caps. I'll just be hoping to cover the cost of some new tyres for my wide steels.
Thanks for the info, but I already have a set of 14 inch Cragar wheels on my Amazon... had ‘em for a couple of years but I fancy a change. Either wide steels, torq thrusts or slot mags. I'm thinking 15 or just maybe 17 inch in diameter.

Decisions, decisions.
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 22:31   #7
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonjulian View Post
hi ya

i may well be intrested in your wheels you will have spare when the time is right if no one else is needing them let me know and i will give you my email for you to maybe send a few images which ever is easier for you

kind regards
robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 06:19   #8
Amazonjulian
Master Member

Hi Robert, happy to send you some pics at the weekend. Let me know your email.
All the best
Julian
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 06:51   #9
Amazonjulian
Master Member

After all that, the wheels arrive and only 2 out of5 are 5.5 J. Three different sizes. And now the guts ache of parcelling them up and returning them!
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 07:21   #10
Steve121
complete member

with the seller bearing the cost of returning them I hope!

or better still, tell the seller to come get'em, and get money back through ebay saying you're still waiting for the 5x 5.5 inch rims... which you are.

(You may twig that I'm a bit fed up of buying ebay stuff that isn't 'as described'!!!!)