Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

H reg 240 gl

Views : 645

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 22nd, 2018, 21:25   #1
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Default H reg 240 gl

Hello again guys.... well now that the icy weather has almost gone...I would like to find someone who can advice or actually work/tune my B200F,,,,,it is still a bit rocky on idle and the same on start up until warm...{DRIVES FINE}.i have renewed many parts over the past year gaskets, injector seals,injectors checked,pressure regulator,etc etc....the main rocking problem was fixed with a new bucket and shim July last year... anyway i don't mind driving anywhere in the country and stopping in a b&b for a day or so or even helping to cure problem and obviously someone who knows all about my B200F which up till now has only done 92,000.......any offers or maybe a phone number of someone else cheers for now... Adrian . ps ,,,i like the way it says junior member as im 64 lol......
timetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2018, 21:08   #2
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Hi geffo,,, just wondered if you got my message,,,,if not my answer was no progress yet and all air oil and water/antifreeze always checked regularly....oil changed regardless...anyhelp would be useful and i will of course pay someone to tune it up for me....cheers
Old Mar 27th, 2018, 21:23   #3
geoffo
saving 240's one by one

Default yes got your reply

It's fuel injection and you've changed everything?...... maybe just speed up the tick over? Or turn up the radio.......how about posting a video with sound so we can all see and hear it?
geoffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2018, 12:24   #4
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Knackered engine mount?

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2018, 21:42   #5
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

yes will try and post a video of the engine.... did replace engine mounts too..and the strange thing is today it ran almost better than it has in a while....cheers guys ..
Old Mar 29th, 2018, 18:27   #6
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Trying to upload video but doesn't seem to work as yet...so if you send me your email Geoffo i will send it there cheers. ps i will try to send you a copy of everything that i have done on car recently

Last edited by timetrip; Mar 29th, 2018 at 18:29.