Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - 18" Alloy wheels

Views : 2567

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 26th, 2016, 08:45   #1
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Default XC60 - 18" Alloy wheels

Hi all,

I am looking for a set of 18" alloys wheels to use for my winter tyres.

If there is anyone out there looking to sell a set between now and October, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old Jul 30th, 2016, 22:54   #2
Arianne
Premier Member

Default Volvo 18" Mantus rims (235/60 R18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for a set of 18" alloys wheels to use for my winter tyres.

If there is anyone out there looking to sell a set between now and October, please let me know.

Thanks.
Hi SuffolkBoy,

I have a set of Volvo 18" Mantus rims currently sitting on my rack in our garage. I use them in the winter on our 2014 (MY14.5) XC60 R-design Lux and they have Pirelli Scorpion Snow & Ice 235/60 R18 H (speed rating) tyres on them.

They're in perfect condition (and I truly mean perfect, showroom condition). I thoroughly clean and seal the rims every time they are taken off the car in Spring before they are stored. They were bought brand new from my supplying dealer (TMS Volvo) and have only been used for two seasons. All four tyres currently have 6mm tread depth remaining.

The only issue is that we need the winter rims one more time for our Xmas ski holiday. As soon as we return the XC60 is being sold because we have our new Jaguar F-Pace on order. So we'll immediately mount the car's original 20" Ixion rims so that it's ready for a sale. The 18" Mantus winter rims would immediately be available for you to buy from 10 January. But we can't do it any sooner, sorry!

Would you be interested? If so, you can post a reply or ping me a private message and we can take it from there. TBH, I wasn't planning to do any deal quite yet but I saw your post and maybe this could work for us both?

Shown below are the wheels (well two of them) just so you can see the design. It's not their finest hour as they had been doing their thing in the Alps and so the car was filthy. But they are perfect and, if you're interested I can take them off the rack and photograph each of them tomorrow for you - you will then be able to see them in all of their glory!

Best wishes.

Arianne

And here is the extract from the 2014-15 Volvo brochure from which I bought the wheels:

Old Jul 31st, 2016, 10:01   #3
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
Hi SuffolkBoy,

I have a set of Volvo 18" Mantus rims currently sitting on my rack in our garage. I use them in the winter on our 2014 (MY14.5) XC60 R-design Lux and they have Pirelli Scorpion Snow & Ice 235/60 R18 H (speed rating) tyres on them.

They're in perfect condition (and I truly mean perfect, showroom condition). I thoroughly clean and seal the rims every time they are taken off the car in Spring before they are stored. They were bought brand new from my supplying dealer (TMS Volvo) and have only been used for two seasons. All four tyres currently have 6mm tread depth remaining.

The only issue is that we need the winter rims one more time for our Xmas ski holiday. As soon as we return the XC60 is being sold because we have our new Jaguar F-Pace on order. So we'll immediately mount the car's original 20" Ixion rims so that it's ready for a sale. The 18" Mantus winter rims would immediately be available for you to buy from 10 January. But we can't do it any sooner, sorry!

Would you be interested? If so, you can post a reply or ping me a private message and we can take it from there. TBH, I wasn't planning to do any deal quite yet but I saw your post and maybe this could work for us both?

Shown below are the wheels (well two of them) just so you can see the design. It's not their finest hour as they had been doing their thing in the Alps and so the car was filthy. But they are perfect and, if you're interested I can take them off the rack and photograph each of them tomorrow for you - you will then be able to see them in all of their glory!

Best wishes.

Arianne

And here is the extract from the 2014-15 Volvo brochure from which I bought the wheels:

Hi Arianne,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am just off out, I will PM you later, if that is OK.

Regards,

SuffolkBoy
Old Sep 25th, 2016, 02:11   #4
Antos

Don't wish to hijack , but if these are still available could you pm me a price please? Thanks.
Old Sep 25th, 2016, 18:34   #5
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antos View Post
Don't wish to hijack , but if these are still available could you pm me a price please? Thanks.
Done. You are probably aware that, from the other thread on this 'Wants' part of the forum, another member has expressed an interest in these Volvo Mantus rims and tyres. As at this moment we haven't closed the deal so let me know if you are interested when you have read the PM.

Arianne
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 12:25   #6
nick.elliot

Hi,

I've got a set of 18" Minos wheels with XC70 tyres for sale on Gumtree at the moment (235/50/18), I could maybe have the tyres taken off and sell them separately if you're interested?
For the XC70 and XC60, all the wheel dimensions are the same (width, offset, etc), just the tyres are different.
I'm on the outskirts of Birmingham.
Nick

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rims...ter/1189053650
nick.elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 12:25   #7
nick.elliot

Default 18" wheels

Hi,

I've got a set of 18" Minos wheels with XC70 tyres for sale on Gumtree at the moment (235/50/18), I could maybe have the tyres taken off and sell them separately if you're interested?
For the XC70 and XC60, all the wheel dimensions are the same (width, offset, etc), just the tyres are different.
I'm on the outskirts of Birmingham.
Nick

Old Sep 26th, 2016, 12:43   #8
Choppie

Hi Nick,

that link doesn't seem to work.
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 08:53   #9
nick.elliot

Sorry Choppie try this:

Failing that, search for 'genuine Volvo alloys' on Gumtree.com

Nick
Old Nov 24th, 2016, 22:03   #10
AndyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antos View Post
Hi Antos, sorry I'm unable to PM you and to others in jumping in on this thread.

Just wondered if you got sorted with a set of winter wheels
AndyN is offline   Reply With Quote