Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ace cafe SwedeSportUK meet Saturday 11th march 2017 11-4pm

Views : 4204

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 16th, 2017, 12:03   #31
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

so you support stephenevens99 attempts to cost me income and also ruin someones weekend? well played Alec Dawe, superb detective skills

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
DunkinBiskits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2017, 12:39   #32
tt82
Forum Support Team

Steve has a good reputation amongst the Volvo community and is always willing to help anybody out. I feel priviliged to know him and count him as a friend. Whatever has happened, it is either EXTREMELY out of character for Steve or the information you have been given is wrong.

What will not be tolerated however is abusive messages!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 16th, 2017, 13:24   #33
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

I suggest you dig a little deeper instead of pointing the finger without just cause tt82.

try consulting the guy who was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED when someone pretended to offer assistance but only commented to aggravate the situation, or me, which so far nobody from Admin has done before casting an opinion.

surely you can only comment once you have all the facts?????

that is meddling, which you DONT DO TO SOMEBODY ELSES BUSINESS.

if you deem that acceptable then frankly youre no better than him, and no "abusive" messages have been sent via your platform before you play that card

finito

Last edited by DunkinBiskits; Mar 16th, 2017 at 13:38.
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 14:11   #34
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

no reply from Admin?

does that mean you endorse such behaviour?? or are you so in the wrong you cant bring yourselves to post......

now you've been provided with the details, the professional move would be to issue me with an apology for deleting my comments and letting users 'abuse' their position of trust.

but I wont hold my breath, same old fickle behaviour goes on within all these Volvo forums....... nothing new here

Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 16:38   #35
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Please allow me to offer a hand of peace. I'm very sorry if you feel I have cost you money by interfering in your business, for this my deepest apologies.

I have delivered large bulky items on a few occasions in the past for you, delivering car parts from Cheshire to London and vice versa, all done in good will and free of charge - payment was never necessary.

Unfortunately it is clear we no longer see eye to eye and I realise my offer to help on this occasion was wrong and ill received, at your clear request it won't happen again.

Your Private Message via Social Media we're not appreciated, comments made were derogatory and unnecessary, but I believe they were posted in anger and no real harm intended.

It's a shame friendships end like this, I have met you on several occasions and never had any issues.

I genuinely wish you all the best.

Steve
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 16:50   #36
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Dunkin,

Feel free to log out of the forum and delete your cookies if you're unhappy with the forums.

My opinion is, any "abuse" happened on a different platform, one that we have no control over, or visibility of. As such, it is not our place to dish out punishments, or warnings, for things that happen there.
Suffice to say, if you bring arguments from other platforms here then any involved parties seen to be causing issues will be given a holiday from the forums to reconsider their actions.

Stephen - thank you for making a public apology to Dunkin, I hope that he is able to accept your comments, and we can all leave this incident behind.

James
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2017, 19:07   #37
scvolvo
Premier Member

It's a shame when things like this happen, it takes away from a fantastic day. Hopefully it's all sorted and put to bed and we can just move on now and look forward to some good events coming over the year.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1542415576082157/
https://m.facebook.com/swedishevents/
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scvolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 26th, 2017, 22:55   #38
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
Please allow me to offer a hand of peace. I'm very sorry if you feel I have cost you money by interfering in your business, for this my deepest apologies.

I have delivered large bulky items on a few occasions in the past for you, delivering car parts from Cheshire to London and vice versa, all done in good will and free of charge - payment was never necessary.

Unfortunately it is clear we no longer see eye to eye and I realise my offer to help on this occasion was wrong and ill received, at your clear request it won't happen again.

Your Private Message via Social Media we're not appreciated, comments made were derogatory and unnecessary, but I believe they were posted in anger and no real harm intended.

It's a shame friendships end like this, I have met you on several occasions and never had any issues.

I genuinely wish you all the best.

Steve
Apology welcomed and accepted. Our paths drifted due to differences in our political followings, not thru character clashes, hence the unfriend on social media. This doesn't reflect my opinion of you, I just thought it best to free my news feed of it all. Since these recent events though my opinion of you has now been fortified.

I appreciate you have done a few errands previous (im sure the recipients too were pleased), I just don't understand why you posted offering help then said rather choice things about me to the recipient..... you weren't even travelling near the venue..? It read awfully like you were trying to worm your way into my business in an attempt to create some gossip for the VT crowd et al, a group Im ecstatic at not being a member of.

My pm via social media was said how it is, no sugar coating or pussyfooting round. In my eyes your meddling post was more harmful and sinister than my PM. I apologise for any offence but stand by the sentiment of the message.

ADMIN:
why would I want to leave?? Although I'm sure there's a few folks who'd love that, Id just prefer it if people didn't comment/interfere on topics they have no care for assisting/helping with. The same way people don't comment when they don't know how to help on a troubleshooting post i.e. mechanical faults.

that's my only gripe. although a word in tt82's ear to stop him siding with his buddy prior to finding out what's gone on wouldn't go amiss.

same can be said for Alec Dawe, understand first: act second......

Dunc

Last edited by DunkinBiskits; Mar 26th, 2017 at 22:59.
Old Mar 26th, 2017, 23:36   #39
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkinBiskits View Post
Apology welcomed and accepted. Our paths drifted due to differences in our political followings, not thru character clashes, hence the unfriend on social media. This doesn't reflect my opinion of you, I just thought it best to free my news feed of it all. Since these recent events though my opinion of you has now been fortified.

I appreciate you have done a few errands previous (im sure the recipients too were pleased), I just don't understand why you posted offering help then said rather choice things about me to the recipient..... you weren't even travelling near the venue..? It read awfully like you were trying to worm your way into my business in an attempt to create some gossip for the VT crowd et al, a group Im ecstatic at not being a member of.

My pm via social media was said how it is, no sugar coating or pussyfooting round. In my eyes your meddling post was more harmful and sinister than my PM. I apologise for any offence but stand by the sentiment of the message.
No worries Duncan...thanks for the comments. I would just like to add that you are incorrect when you assume I wasn't travelling near the venue....I did travel down to Reading that morning in order to pick up a close relative of mine, hence the offer. Your opinion of me is absolutely fine, and I think we can agree that our paths meeting in the future probably won't benefit either of us. I wish you the best of luck in the future.
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote