Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 window not working, help!

Views : 284

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 15th, 2023, 19:01   #1
mark2410

Default C70 window not working, help!

so i picked up the c70 from garage, and i hear outside noise, turns out window not closed. i try to close.... nope..... just some motor noises. try to open, same thing ...... so now when you close the door its not closing the window.

any ideas whats wrong? and how big a deal it is and how much this one is going to cost...... getting fed up throwing money at these.

also im in central scotland if anyone has any recommendations on where might be able to help with this asap
2018 v90 D4 LHD
2009 C30 T5
mark2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2023, 20:54   #2
iantowil

I've had both my front windows play up. First issue was a broken cable which is used to drive the windows up and down. Not sure about now, but 8 years ago Volvo didn't sell the cable just the whole mechanism for around £450. I bought a cable from Danka in Germany for around £42 including postage. The repair is not easy but there are videos how to replace the cable and wrap around the central spool. It really isn't for the faint hearted, but take your time and it is certainly doable if you have the online video for guidance.
Also the cable can come off the spool without breaking, in which case it's nigh on the same process, just using the cable you have.
I should add all the door trim needs to be removed, including the air bag which means you have to leave the battery disconnected for at least 15 minutes. The trim is also not easy to get off as it feels like you're going to break it. I used the guidance in VIDA to do get to the point where the mechanism was all out.
All a pain in the arse and seems poor design to me given the amount of issues I've had, but that's C70 ownership.
Hope this helps.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iantowil For This Useful Post: