Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Error codes: ECM-1000, ECM-1600 and more !

Views : 593

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 23rd, 2023, 17:05   #1
RPhoboS

Default Error codes: ECM-1000, ECM-1600 and more !

Grr, this freaking car is doing my head in now.
Finally up and running with Vida, and was able to check for codes.

ECM-1000 Atmospheric pressure sensor - Faulty signal
EMC-1600 Boost pressure sensor - Signal outside its permitted range
ECM-6662 Glow relay control - Faulty signal
ECM-6663 Glow relay control - Faulty signal
EPS-0082 Engine status Faulty signal

Please note, these parts have just been replaced with genuine Bosch items (car has been in my garage for the last 3 weeks whilst sorting fuel filter/lines out):
Suction control valve
Fuel pressure sensor
MAP sensor

I noticed that the old (well, only replaced it 18 months ago) MAP sensor had the paint flaking off the little drop shaped thing, and generally seemed a bit damp.
I took off the throttle body as well, totally caked in black gunk (so I presume the EGR is just as bad).

When I was doing the error code erasing, obviously these were the ones that kept coming back, and sure enough a short drive around the block, I'm in limp mode.
But 10 mins later, I had to pick up the wife and decided to try the Volvo anyway, and... it drove completely normally, boosted fine !
After collecting her and starting the car again, the yellow engine light came on and yep, limp mode again

I'm trying to read through various posts, on this site and others but any help would be truly welcome.
RPhoboS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2023, 10:54   #2
RPhoboS

Right, these 2 are resolved:

ECM-1000 Atmospheric pressure sensor - Faulty signal
EMC-1600 Boost pressure sensor - Signal outside its permitted range

Turns out the TDI box I had in there was causing that fault, so I'll send it back to them for repair/replacement.

The 2nd two, well I guess it's just a couple of new glowplugs, so I'll try replacing them during the week.

As for 0082, not totally sure why it's having a problem with that but I'll check the level of it today.
Old Dec 25th, 2023, 12:51   #3
Simmy
Premier Member

send the tdi box back for a refund they are more trouble than they are worth .get a specific remap for you car
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2023, 17:22   #4
RPhoboS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
send the tdi box back for a refund they are more trouble than they are worth .get a specific remap for you car

Aye, for my track car I installed a Link ecu, and have it done properly. I just thought the TDI box would give the car a little more pep, which in fairness it did.

Now I'm hoping I can drive home, I heard something lightly pop, sounds like it's on 4 cylinder's or a bit rough, and won't rev cleanly.
Not sure if a fuel line popped out but I'm seriously considering scrapping it asap.
Wanted to keep it for wife or nephew to learn in.
Old Dec 25th, 2023, 21:28   #5
RPhoboS

Right well thankfully it was a 5 min job to fix.
The intake pipe had popped off from the throttle body.

But I've noticed on the way up, and back my fuel economy had dropped.
Usually on this run it's around 57mpg, this time it was 37mpg.

So now there's that brilliant job to figure out.