Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

performance issues when car is hot and under load

Views : 3395

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 8th, 2017, 08:43   #1
nstojanoski

Default performance issues when car is hot and under load

Hello,

I have Volvo S60 2002 D5 163Hp with a strange problem that we are trying to resolve.

For the past year me and my mechanic are trying to resolve e problem with this car of mine The car had 200,000km and we made full service for all the parts that needed to be changed + oil, all the belts, filters, brakes etc.

Then we started to find a solution for the problem that when i press the gas pedal all the way down i have 2-3 kicks from the turbo on around 2000-3000 rpm on and off again see the picture (sorry i don't have the RPM's) but 2nd Gear is from around 1800-3300 RPM's.

Then we change the gas pump in the tank under the backseat in the gas tenk from another S60 and changed the gas filter with new one. Car didn't wanted to start OK when HOT and we even changed the injectors got new BOSCH elements (BOSCH 0 433 175 310 DSLA140P1061)

Then i don't know what exactly we ware testing and we got the car to got without that stop and go in 2nd and 3rd gear but got problems on higher speed and when going uphill, i know he got the high pressure pump out and just cleaned with high pressure air and mount it back again and tight few bold.

So out next guess was the high pressure pump (the regulator where you plug the cable) + my friend got another turbo, so on the next test with the car he tried the new turbo and high pressure pump and now the car has NO PERFORMANCE AT ALL, we got out own turbo back but now i can feel that the turbo is starting to work around 2000rpm, it will got NOT WITH A KICK to 2500-2600rpm and after that i will maybe drive it to 3000-3200rpm (it will take 30-40 sec to go from 2600rpm to 3200rpm and before was 4-5 sec) and from time to time if you drive the car over 3000rpm it will go to limp mode and i had to turn it off/ and on again.

So my fried mechanic thinks it's not enough and i think we have some air leakage because the only strange thing that i noticed is that when the car is cold when i sit in it in the morning for the first new minutes the car has much better performance and when it gets to normal working temp the performance is dropping, also this is experiencing when i press the gas pedal all the way down and going uphill (when the car has more pressure and needs more power)

Any idea where to go from here and not spend tons of money

Regards
nstojanoski is offline   Reply With Quote