Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Possible sale/swap...’91 740 2.0 Auto Estate

Views : 415

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2018, 11:09   #1
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

Default Possible sale/swap...’91 740 2.0 Auto Estate

Hi all,
My partner and I have two 740 estates, and we need to change one for a more economical car as I have to do mega miles with my work.

My 740 is the one on the block, as my partner’s has 7 seats and we have four kids.

It’s a ‘91, post facelift 2.0 auto estate, with the transitional 940 style front end. It’s silver and is a lovely car, the tidiest interior of any 740 I’ve ever come across, all upholstery is superb, dash and door cards are very good and carpets and original mats are in excellent order. Headlining is sagging a little in places but not enough to be an issue for passengers.

It’s done 176,000 miles and was serviced 400 miles ago with Petronas Syntium oil and a Mann filter, new air filter etc. Runs and drives faultlessly.

Bodywork is in good order for its age, paint is generally excellent, a couple of rust spots on the inside of rear arches and a ding to the NSR arch and rear wing next to the NSR light cluster, a car park knock according to the previous owner. Both aren’t non-major and could be put right easily by anyone who knows their bodywork onions. A patch on the NSF wing has been filled and sprayed at some point in the past, but isn’t an issue unless you want to show the car.

It is fitted with a set of very clean Pholus style 940 alloys and has excellent tyres all round.

It has a towbar with fully working electronics, and factory fitted dog guard. As far as I can deduce, no dogs have been in the car though-smells fresh and no hair.

The underbody fuel pump is a little noisy when the tank is under half full, but the car runs faultlessly right down to the end of the reserve tank so this isn’t a functional issue.

MOT is until 18th Sept, passed last time with no advisories whatsoever. Remarkable for a 27yr old car!

I’m so gutted to be parting with this car, but needs must. I’m looking for around the £850 mark, but would also entertain a swap with an up together economical diesel car such as a V70 D5, Skoda Octavia, Skoda Fabia estate or similar.

Any thoughts welcome!
Phil
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
AllHailKingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 10:34   #2
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

SOLD! Thankyou for the enquiries 🙂
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
AllHailKingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote