Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S80 2.5t zavolii aftermarket issues ... Opinions please?

Views : 1708

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2017, 00:16   #1
ijmorrison

Default S80 2.5t zavolii aftermarket issues ... Opinions please?

Hi all ,

Picked up up a 53 plate s80 2.5t few weeks ago with a zavolii log system in. Very neat install done in 2009 all registered.

After a bit of a learning curve (so that's what the rubber guard on the pump stops! Ouch cold!) I've been left with a bit of an issue ... After 30 to 40 miles i get an engine warning light with an ecm 261a error ... Upper fuel limit reached .

I've replaced the spark plugs (genuine oe), all five coil packs (Delphi units), full oil change, fuel filter, air filter and oil pressure sensor (unrelated but nearly gave me heart attack) and a full coolant flush.

I'm still getting the error flag up ... If i run on petrol long enough to it will clear or if I reset it. Checked fuel trims and it seems ok on idle however on 1500 to 2800 no load my short term trim goes to 1.25 quickly and the long term limits climbs rapidly too.

Equally it is hard to hold a steady 2500 rpm as it tries to accelerate due to fuel trims . Can hold it steady on petrol.

Measured the maf and on idle (650) is around 10 to 10.5 kg/hour.

Reducer pressure is running at 1.37 bar spec is 1.4. no lpg ECU codes logged.

Next plan of attack is to replace maf as this seems low to me. Also thinking the s80 will default to readings from map sensor ... The LPG one has its own map so may not do this?

After that thinking of purchasing another reducer (new) to swap out ... On testing it was reporting the coolant temp was widely jumping from 90 to 100 however car was steady at correct level. Likely temp unit is shot in there.

Also thinking maybe diaphragm maybe going? Can rebuild old one later!

I am loathe to just alter the LPG map as it may be covering a fault (though this is likely the third step!)

Sorry for the miniature essay ! Any input gratefully received

Iain

Ps first lpg car i have owned !
Post no low pressure gas filter and liquid filter was advised was ok ... Will change myself if i order reducer and add low pressure filter.
ijmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ijmorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 10th, 2017, 23:11   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

From what you are saying the fuel trims are good on petrol on no engine light.

Your gas pressure is in range. Temps sensors fail with a reading of -40 and the correction value for 80-100 is the same so will have no effect.

I would save the config and then richen the map up to bring your fuel trims back to as close to zero as possible
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2017, 00:27   #3
ijmorrison

Thanks ... Might have just saved me some cash lol

Yes ... Once i run on petrol the fuel trims adjust back to normal ranges .

Still suspicious about maf ... But a new Bosch sensor blade for £70 is well within a serviceable item!

Will adjust over the next few days and report back!

Iain
The Following User Says Thank You to ijmorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 25th, 2017, 00:24   #4
ijmorrison

Several thousand miles on and it's spot on! Thank you!

Map increased globally 1% at a time ... Then tweaked on certain spots. I mapped against the fuel trims.

Now running at 10p a mile ... Fantastic!

Iain

Ps shame the slave cylinder went on the clutch ... Good job I love Volvo's!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ijmorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 22nd, 2017, 15:47   #5
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Thanks for that post - i'm just about to fit a Zavoli to my 760 (might have to find a Lambda sensor and fit it as well! ) so that information is very handy!

Glad also you got the problem solved, it sounds as if maybe the original installer set everything to run a little lean resulting in this fault a bit down the line. Would probably have been picked up on a routine inspection of the LPG system though as calibration wanders throughout the life of anything.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote