Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery tomorrow - any tips?

Views : 2708

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 10th, 2018, 19:13   #1
Director76
Master Member

Default Delivery tomorrow - any tips?

Hi...big day tomorrow!

Apart from the usual condition stuff, anything I should particularly look out for please?

It’s got the towbar so I’ll be checking the bumper cut.

Unfortunately it’s a driven delivery (about 120 miles) so may be dirty and I doubt I’ll get the full dealer style handover, but I’m happy to play on my own with the manual.

Thanks all, looking forward to joining the gang for proper!

D76

(Ps sig wrong- should now say this week!!)
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 20:02   #2
Lexman8
Premier Member

Ask how Volvo on Call will be set up if you're not with a dealer at handover.
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 20:07   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
Hi...big day tomorrow!

Apart from the usual condition stuff, anything I should particularly look out for please?

It’s got the towbar so I’ll be checking the bumper cut.

Unfortunately it’s a driven delivery (about 120 miles) so may be dirty and I doubt I’ll get the full dealer style handover, but I’m happy to play on my own with the manual.

Thanks all, looking forward to joining the gang for proper!

D76

(Ps sig wrong- should now say this week!!)
Check the towbar electrics if you can, when I got mine there was a fuse missing for the 12v permanent live. My caravan Alko stability control system did not activate when connected up as it should with ignition off, it only worked after starting car, fuse has now been fitted and it works as it should now (Alko manual says it must have a permanent live)
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 20:51   #4
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Ask how Volvo on Call will be set up if you're not with a dealer at handover.
OK thanks will put it in my list - do you know if that can be done over the phone or does the car have to be physically present at a dealer?

It depends I suppose whether the dealership send it with one of their drivers (who may be able to do a proper handover) or just use one of the cheap vehicle delivery companies. Our recent Tiguan lease delivery came with a VW driver who did a pretty good handover explanation of everything.
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 20:56   #5
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Check the towbar electrics if you can, when I got mine there was a fuse missing for the 12v permanent live. My caravan Alko stability control system did not activate when connected up as it should with ignition off, it only worked after starting car, fuse has now been fitted and it works as it should now (Alko manual says it must have a permanent live)
Thanks good suggestion. Won’t be able to try that one straight away unfortunately. We only tow trailers and bike rack, but I’m guessing as a ‘factory’ option any problems would be rectified at the local dealer under warranty? (Even though not fitted in the factory!)
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 21:02   #6
Busa1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
OK thanks will put it in my list - do you know if that can be done over the phone or does the car have to be physically present at a dealer?

It depends I suppose whether the dealership send it with one of their drivers (who may be able to do a proper handover) or just use one of the cheap vehicle delivery companies. Our recent Tiguan lease delivery came with a VW driver who did a pretty good handover explanation of everything.
No it doesn't need to be at the dealer, just login to the app, 'volvo on call' from your phone, it will ask you to register which you can do on the phone, VIN number etc to be input, press on call button in car and your away - its fairly straight forward and the app walks you through it
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 07:29   #7
Jimrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1400 View Post
No it doesn't need to be at the dealer, just login to the app, 'volvo on call' from your phone, it will ask you to register which you can do on the phone, VIN number etc to be input, press on call button in car and your away - its fairly straight forward and the app walks you through it
I tried that yesterday and it said I needed a 4-digit pin from the dealer?
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 09:31   #8
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1400 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrod View Post
When I got my car the dealer had to set it up on Volvo's system (I watched him do it, it only takes a couple of minutes) and then I went through the pairing process in the car.
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 10:29   #9
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrod View Post
The dealer emailed me my pin code a short while before delivery, you can set VOC up yourself once you have your personal pin number but the dealer usually does it as part of the hand over.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 11:15   #10
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
The dealer emailed me my pin code a short while before delivery, you can set VOC up yourself once you have your personal pin number but the dealer usually does it as part of the hand over.
Yep. I actually received mine as a text from a Swedish country code, a couple of hours before I picked the car up.

:wq