Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

30th Anniversary introduction 700 Series.

Views : 17216

Replies : 85

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 5th, 2012, 17:49   #11
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default 760t

My 760T might be interested.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 18:45   #12
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthechorister View Post
My 760T might be interested.
Excellent Roger.

Prufrock.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 19:26   #13
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Hi Prufrock I wasn't even aware of such an occassion!But now I am what about a 700 series line up,Not just the usual one or two that turn up to the national which inevitably get mixed in with the 900. but a concerted effort by us 700 owners to try and bring as many model variants as possible.
Maybe as it's a special day we could have a special award for oldest 700 or rarest?Just something to make the day special for the 700.
I'm willing to bring my 740GLE estate H reg late 1990 facelift model.

So any interest from the other 740 owners then please post up any suggestions.
Regards Brian.
I'm definietly interested
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmeringo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 23:35   #14
minesa240x3
loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
I would support a separate 700 Register run by Prufrock.

I also strongly believe that it is important for every Register Keeper to appear to be active (no matter what good work they have done in the past), and that includes submitting notes for the 'Driver' on a regular basis ..... after all, that is our 'official' shop window on the world. If, for whatever reason, it is not possible for a Keeper to be seen to be active they should seriously consider relinquishing their post.

I would be more than happy to join up with other 700 owners for whatever might be organised, assuming the location and my commitments do not clash. However, I am not a 'bonnet opening' sort of participant, although in my opinion the outside looks nice and smart!!

Best of luck,

Bob.
I agree with your comments as far as Peter has been a little out of the loop lately.But personal circumstances have made it difficult for him to be quite so active.However if you read Aprils driver magazine you will note he wrote a very long article.He has an amazing amount of knowledge and has spent many years helping out.
The 700 section is so small compared to a few years ago and hopefully will start to grow as more people consider them more of a classic or dying breed. Someone like Peter who is retired can(when able)give a lot of his time to running it and helping others with problems and sourcing service tools etc.I'm sure my friend Prufrock is more than capable of doing the job and extremely knowledgeable but will you have time for it all?

All good discussion here as we need to keep the 700 vibrant.

Definately a seperate area for the 700 at the National BKV. And as many 700 cars as possible.All welcome pristine and daily hack.Maybe a one off invitation to non voc members as I'm still sure non members don't come as they can't put thier cars with ours.Not really that welcoming but may encourage others to join.

I thank Prufrock again for pointing this out to us and offering to help run it with help from a few of us.
Many Thanks Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 00:50   #15
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Default Freude am Fahren - literally and metaphorically.

Quote:
I agree with your comments as far as Peter has been a little out of the loop lately.But personal circumstances have made it difficult for him to be quite so active.However if you read Aprils driver magazine you will note he wrote a very long article.He has an amazing amount of knowledge and has spent many years helping out.
The 700 section is so small compared to a few years ago and hopefully will start to grow as more people consider them more of a classic or dying breed. Someone like Peter who is retired can(when able)give a lot of his time to running it and helping others with problems and sourcing service tools etc.I'm sure my friend Prufrock is more than capable of doing the job and extremely knowledgeable but will you have time for it all?
All good discussion here as we need to keep the 700 vibrant.
Definately a seperate area for the 700 at the National BKV. And as many 700 cars as possible.All welcome pristine and daily hack.Maybe a one off invitation to non voc members as I'm still sure non members don't come as they can't put thier cars with ours.Not really that welcoming but may encourage others to join.
I thank Prufrock again for pointing this out to us and offering to help run it with help from a few of us.
Many Thanks Brian.
Point taken Brian.

This is not a personal criticism(of Peter), but the 700 is not being well served, and in my opinion has not been.

The write up in April's magazine maybe long...but it could have been a few sentences given the little thought that had gone into it - no mention of the subject that started this thread.

I've not seen one contribution in the magazine that has caught my attention. Members want to hear about 700s; pictures, statistics, facts - nothing else.
I for one, am not interested in club politics, only cars - the 700 needs promoting, within the VOC, and in the wider classic movement.

Prufrock.
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 07:13   #16
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default And....

Come to think of it my 740 B234F might be interested too. Even if both of mine are facelift shape.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:29   #17
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

We 700 enthusiasts deserve a Saturday morning bump!

Prufrock.
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 10:27   #18
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi Prufrock I just posted up in the volvo general discussion and the Lounge section.It might just get noticed more.Amazing how some folks never go into certain sections?.I must admit the only time I went into the newer car sections was to promote last years national bkv

I hope we can get something organised even if it is a small party.
The very least we can do is turn up at the national and park up in an age related lineup.I still say that as this is a one off that NON VOC MEMBERS should be allowed to park with us as a one off.There must be a few out there that just come here to keep thier cars going but don't feel the neccesity to join.I'm sure if they knew what super nice people we are they would join emmediately.It's only £29 and even if they think they would get no benefit from the offers given to voc members like new car discount and percentages off certain things.We should remind all of them that without the Voc this forum would not exhist!!!

Anyway for now all 700 owners are invited to something wether you be a voc member or just a forum member.
Not sure what just yet but hey lets give it a whirl.
Many Thanks Brian.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:28. Reason: 314 v
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 10:39   #19
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Hi Prufrock I just posted up in the volvo general discussion and the Lounge section.It might just get noticed more.Amazing how some folks never go into certain sections?.I must admit the only time I went into the newer car sections was to promote last years national bkv

I hope we can get something organised even if it is a small party.
The very least we can do is turn up at the national and park up in an age related lineup.I still say that as this is a one off that NON VOC MEMBERS should be allowed to park with us as a one off.There must be a few out there that just come here to keep thier cars going but don't feel the neccesity to join.I'm sure if they knew what super nice people we are they would join emmediately.It's only £29 and even if they think they would get no benefit from the offers given to voc members like new car discount and percentages off certain things.We should remind all of them that without the Voc this forum would not exhist!!!

Anyway for now all 700 owners are invited to something wether you be a voc member or just a forum member.
Not sure what just yet but hey lets give it a whirl.
Many Thanks Brian.
Brian.

Perhaps my OP should make this thread a"sticky", not sure how we do this though?

Prufrock.
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 10:51   #20
minesa240x3
loyalty

Well I could go and ask nicely in the forum help section or I could just click the "report" icon on your post?
At least if I report it whoever is monitoring the site today will get to hear about it.

Advertising is key to letting as many folks as possible know about this.I may have got on peoples nerves last year by bombarding every(nearly) section about the dates and venue for it but I like to think if only a few more people turned up it was worth the hassle.Some didn't even know what bkv stood for?

Another thought I had would be a small stand with info and advertising just about the 700 series,A display with brochures pictures and old photoes etc.
Regards Brian.
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post: