Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Electically Adjusyed Driver's Seat

Views : 569

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2020, 10:01   #1
AustinM64

Default Electically Adjusyed Driver's Seat

Dear All,

Yesterday, I put and an electrically adjusted front driver's seat in my Volvo S60. My car is a 2002 model and the seat came from a 2004 model (I didn't realise it was electric until I collected it).

When I took out the manually adjusted seat there were two male plugs that were fitted into blank female plugs (plus the usual wiring). When I put in the electrically adjusted seat the female plugs were not blank and went to a relay box under the seat.

You can imagine my joy finding that the wiring appeared to already be there but this quickly turned to gloom when the seat didn't work and the SRS Airbag Light is now on.

The relay box is clicking when any of the adjustment switches are operated, so the power is there but there appears to be a different issue/problem.

Has anyone out there come across problems with the electrically adjusted seats and can point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Austin
AustinM64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 16:17   #2
petrohl34d

My power seat is original to my vehicle, but I had this same problem and it turned out to be a loose wire.

My seat worked and then stopped after i was hoovering one day.

It turned out to be the black cable underneath the back of the seat and closest to the door.

I gave it a bit of a twiddle and the seat came back to life.

petrohl34d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 19:24   #3
rogerb
Lets take it to bits

The SRS light came on as you disconnected the seat, and had the key on at some stage.
Hopefully the 2004 car was not a very early facelift car. As best to keep the same, because the electrical system changed.
I found fitting a powered seat in a car that didn’t have it originally, often means the seat will only work for a few minutes after opening and shutting the driver’s door.
You will need VIDA or a good code reader to reset the SRS light/ message.
rogerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 14:30   #4
AustinM64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
The SRS light came on as you disconnected the seat, and had the key on at some stage.
Hopefully the 2004 car was not a very early facelift car. As best to keep the same, because the electrical system changed.
I found fitting a powered seat in a car that didn’t have it originally, often means the seat will only work for a few minutes after opening and shutting the driver’s door.
You will need VIDA or a good code reader to reset the SRS light/ message.
Ahhhhh, here speaks the voice of a man who knows!

So fuses in and the seat works but you are absolutely correct; open the door and the seat can be adjusted but after a while - I haven't timed it yet - it stops being adjustable, Not really a problem as my seat is adjusted before I drive, but interesting. Is this the same on a car where they are factory fitted? If not, there must be a solution, no? Is there a known solution?

Cheers

Austin
AustinM64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 23:12   #5
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

dont open the door with the key out - as soon as you open the door it stops you being able to do seats and windows im 99% sure
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drivers seat, electric driver's seat, s60 2002