Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The art of Chip Tuning.

Views : 16425

Replies : 136

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 17:46   #33
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
There are further developements on www.t5d5.org

I have to say that the point has been aired there that some well established forums have been very, very reticent to host any posts whatsoever on this subject and therefore really are letting down the Volvo community.

Regards, Don.
I take it you are making reference to these comments then Don:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Drivealot
What suprises me is the fear that people have of telling the truth about such issues on public forums. With one forum being quite clearly in the pocket of a commercial interest, and another fearing litigation from commercial parties. much truth has been stifled in the interest of not rocking the boat.
I can only assume the former refers to VPCUK and the latter the VOC and I doubt neither party can make a credible case to deny those comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Drivealot
It' suprising how many people have been silenced, it's not just a handfull. in the last 24 hours I must have seen about 20 seperate examples.

I was of the misguided opinion that these internet forums were for people to share information and assist each other, but it seems that on the Volvo scene they have been hijacked, by individuals who have very effectively threatened, or bought the site owners to prevent any negative publicity.
This has cost many of us a small fortune as we were not able to make informed decisions on what to do

The behaviour of the UK volvo forums has sadly fallen into the realms of the East German, cold war Stazi. quite frankly being affraid to speak up has no place in a society that prides itself in free speech.

The comments of Volvo owners that I have heard over the last few weeks are very similar in nature to those of people I personally know who have lived through totalitarian dictatorships.
Comments such as "it didn't come from me" "I don't want to cause problems for anyone" "if I'd said that I'd be banned" " I would have said, but I didn't want to cause trouble" and many others in his thread, and the messages I've recieved all re-inforce the suggestion that there has been some sort of arm twisting going on behind the scenes.

I think it's about time that other Volvo forum owners took a long hard look at themselves, and ask if they really did partake in a coverup. The comments here by certain owners are irrefutable proof of an attempt to hush up certain negative opinions of certain operations.

I have solid information that certain parties have threatened legal action against various forums carrying negative info. even though those threats were empty ones, they were enough to worry the owners into removing the comments.

It's a sad and sorry state of affairs that seems to be comming to an end. It was only a matter of time before somebody wouldn't lie down and take it.
I don't know about you but I think Sir Drivealot, is in my book, genuinely a candidate for a Knighthood for "Services to the Volvo Community!!"

The fact remains that the company in question can respond to these comments on the T5D5 forum but is refusing to comment, undeniably because they will not enjoy the 'immunity' they have become accustomed to, or possibly because it is indeed all true and they can make no defence whatsover anyway.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote